𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻

originally requested from pwrkitten

recently i've been undergoing a lot of stress, and after finishing a psychology class and learning a lot of interesting things, i wanted to make this chapter to highlight a disorder a lot of people struggle with. (this also has to do with my own experiences that i've had for a long time)

OFFICIAL TRIGGER WARNING

this chapter will feature depictions and descriptions of depression and depressive thoughts. there will be thoughts of suicide and self destructive behavior. this will also feature description of dissociation and depersonalization. not every scenario will be dark, and some will be more about feelings of anxiety.

some of these will also just be bad days.

this was written to show just a tiny fraction of the struggle myself and others go through.

if you or someone you love is going through a hard time, please contact a counselor. if they are considering suicide, please contact the national suicide prevention hotline.

800-273-8255

•   •   •   •

PEIN

today was.. different. a day that only continued to fill your bucket of dread with every room you stepped into.

you weren't sure what it was, or what happened to cause this kind of atmosphere, but all day the entire base just seemed so gloomy.

it was far too quiet for deidara or tobi to be arguing per usual, or for hidan to be obnoxious on the couch across from kakuzu who would count his money twice a day.

for some reason, everyone had disappeared or locked themselves in their room.

the kitchen was empty, the sink oddly empty instead of filled with breakfasts dirty dishes being done by whoever was roped into it. the living room was absent of the murmur of the tv and smell of freshly brewed coffee on the table.

while you had woken up in a good mood, the looming aura had dampened your smile quite a bit. you also remembered that pein had been gone when you had awoke. it was now late into the afternoon.

trailing to his office, still covered by your nightwear, you gently opened the door.

pein was there, sitting in the dark with only a dim lamp light to illuminate the space of his desk. he was looking down at some papers, scribbling something down occasionally.

you almost froze on the spot when you noticed the expression on pein's face. much more grim than usual, tired, worn.. just sad.

his eyes drooped, almost closed. it made you wonder if he was actually reading anything on his documents. his lips were pressed together, dragging down at the corners of his mouth. the most prominent feature was his eyebrows, furrowed deeply enough to crease the skin surrounding them.

it took a few seconds of silently willing yourself forward to hesitantly step into the room, making your way towards the centered desk near the back wall. he seemed to have not noticed your presence at all up until you stood at the side of his chair.