𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

•    •    •    •

PEIN

living as a rogue nin was never easy. each time you were almost recognized, the occasional attack from shinobi, you barely rested in one place for long. survival came from a constant observation of your surroundings, leaving you in a never-ending state of distress.

after the slaughter of your clan, a genjustu was cast on the village you came from. one that was now non-existent.

when the shinobi of konoha found the bodies of the innocent, they went into an investigation. a crest was left behind, burned into the wall of the city's most important building; the kage's tower.

he technically wasn't a kage since the village was unknown and unofficial, but the citizens considered themselves normal.

they didn't know any better.

the betrayal of the kage himself enraged you, and the anger coursing through your veins only cooled when his blood stained your hands. but then, why would the townpeople attack you for saving them?

a genjustu hadn't just been cast in the village, but also upon you, causing you to act out so violently.

you didn't wish to kill the innocent. but someone made, and blamed you for the crime.

your headband remained tied around your thigh, hidden under wraps and a ninja pouch. a reminder of the terrible sin you commited.

travelling to new places day to day wasn't cheap. you often stole clothes, food, hiding out in whatever inn seemed to be the easiet to break into. it was a life you would forever live in shame.

but it was a way to survive.

it has been two days since you last slept, since you last stopped. a quaint village with an odd structure caught your attention, slowing your pace to observe the architecture.

outside, a small poster was scribblrd with ink, delirious and afraid.

a god was rumored to inhabit the tower, but fear meant that no one would be coming anytime soon, and your legs were getting tired. you had nearly reached the entrance when something landed in front of you, dust surrounding your vision.

a man, with orange hair and piercings, tall and imposing, blocking your path.

"you should not be here."

you said nothing, quietly gazing at him. for a moment to debate whether or not you should prepare for a fight, but you were in no condition for a battle.

"i shall take my leave, then."

he stood unmoving as you left, cold eyes watching your figure until you were far from sight.

and for a while, you got away.

KONAN

you worked as a simple woman, in a simple town, with a simple life. most of your work came from helping around the town, feeding stray animals, and helping those who needed it.