𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲

•   •   •   •

PEIN

you hadn't seen pein in several days, and he never returned to chat with you as you finished out the week of your punishment. he had left you with so much confusion, and you would be lying if you said you didn't want to kiss him again. 

right after he kissed you, he was meant to leave for a mission with konan that was intended to last a week. he had briefly mentioned it in passing conversation, but you had forgotten about it until you were awaiting his return. since he seemed to occupy your mind so much since the last time you saw him, you tried to busy yourself by cleaning some more, tidying up the living room and adding more decorum to the space. anything so that you weren't waiting for pein to walk in at any moment. 

when he did arrive back after the mission, he called a meeting with all of the members, debriefing information and what the next goal would be moving forward. he had already dismissed everyone, but you were determined to try and speak with him about what had happened. it was just the two of you left, and he looked at you with the same blank expression he always wore. 

"pein-sama." he said nothing, watching as you stepped forward until you were right in front of him, staring up at him. "i want to talk about what occurred before you left." 

pein didn't respond, turning around and beginning to make his way back into the base. you were right behind him, catching up to walk by his side as he stared straight ahead, neck straight and face unmoving. "my only focus is fulfilling the role i have taken in the akatsuki. i have no interest for trivial matters." 

"i won't make it trivial." you couldn't say that you had any particularly strong feelings for pein, but you had grown to like him, and it felt nice to kiss him. he paused before the main hallway, turning his head slightly to look down at you. 

"i enjoy your company, and i am aware of the dangers and reality of this organization. i will not ask for anything more." 

pein let himself consider your words silently. he enjoyed your company as well, as much as he could being the leader of a criminal organization. there were a lot of potential conflicts that could come with deciding to pursue a relationship that was anything other than professional, but he found himself giving you a single nod, watching you smile quietly and make your way towards your room. 

it wasn't like it would go much further than it already had. 

KONAN ☆

"hey," konan quietly tapped on the open door of your medical office, sending you a small smile as you turned and greeted her. 

the two of you had yet to talk about the kiss you shared, even though it had only been a day and thinking about it was driving you absolutely crazy. you knew that you had developed feelings for her, but you weren't sure what it meant to be together in an organization as dangerous and serious as the akatsuki. but in all fairness, konan was much different than the others. 

konan was kinder, quieter, still skilled and unmoved to kill and carry out orders, but more humane than the rest. she seemed to care for you and your story as well, and you never bored of her origami. 

"how are you this morning?" you let out a small breath and hummed, looking around at the scattered papers and different vials on your desk. in an effort to take your mind off of konan, you had spent the night researching and experimenting with your medicines to see if you could create a stronger healing paste that was effective on deeper wounds. there was little progress so far, but it was also something you could work on.