𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

•    •    •    •

PEIN

you weren't the type to care for much of anything, let alone menial things. if deidara had left clay somewhere, you'd remind him. if he didn't pick it up, you'd place it with the other clay he stored in his room.

this applied with most of the members, seeing as konan and kakuzu were more tidy than the rest.

the missions you were assigned continued to be minimal, and you and tobi rarely had anything to do. however, he did seem to disappear more often than not, not that it was your business.

with a sigh you picked up the cloak laying over the back of the sofa, hanging on the rather empty hooks on the wall.

this place felt so bare, so uninhabited. perhaps it was the fact that everyone was gone for something pein assigned them, or maybe it was because they were all damn near psychopaths. either way seemed feasible.

and so you took it upon yourself to liven up the headquarters, at the very least for your sake.

a few paintings decorated the walls, the table now had a resting centerpiece, and a vase of flowers resided on the coffee table in the living room. it wasn't much, but you figured it could suffice.

pein walked in just as you finished, purple eyes trailing over the new additions to the area.

"what is all of this?"  he raised an eyebrow, stepping towards one of the paintings beside him on the wall.

"i felt the place was too bare." for a moment he said nothing, and then he took the painting from the wall and tossed it to you. with a stern gaze he spoke.

"this is not a home. you are here for your purpose you provide to the akatsuki and nothing more, just as everyone else here. take all of these things and get rid of them. you leave for another mission tomorrow morning."

as he exited the room, you sighed, looking at all of the new items you'd put out. well, it was nice while it lasted. maybe you'll just leave it until you get back from your mission.

KONAN

you had been stressing all week over healing injuries on the members from the income of recent missions.

deidara needed his chest stitched up, sasori needed you to put his arm back on, hidan needed you to fix his back, relocate his shoulder and put his head back on, tobi needed a band-aid for a splinter, and zetsu would come daily to check in on some wilting plants.

pein acknowledged you doing your job, and often came for reports on the members injuries, and when they would be well enough to go back out.

yesterday you stitched hidan's shoulder back on and assured pein he would be at his fullest the next day.

he was, but then him and kakuzu came back early from the mission.

kakuzu was uninjured but grumpy, and hidan was half dead. his arm had come off again and the mission had been compromised.

"what happened out there?" hidan grunted, face twitching as the needle pierced his skin.