𝗮 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

here's part two of three, but i have now decided there will be five parts.

i have gotten a little inspiration from a certain commenter who asked if i could make a chapter kind of like these, so look forward to those later on after the original three are finished.

there will be some anime cameos if you guys can get the references :)

• • • •

PEIN

it had been a little over a week since you had last seen pein. it seemed like he was keeping his distance like you asked.

until, you found your way back to your village.

when you arrived, houses had been rebuilt and people seemed lively as the walked around the once deserted land. it made your heart beat nervously.

suddenly, a man was approaching you, his green eyes kind as his tanned skin lightly glinted with sweat.

he carried a large plank of wood, but grinned politely when he got to you.

"hi there! are you new to town?"

you couldn't find the part of your mind to answer him verbally, so you only nodded in shock and swallowed.

"well my name is tatsumi! it's nice to meet you!"

over the course of a few days, tatsumi had helped you settle in to the new town that you once loved.

tonight was just like the others you had been here, wallowing alone in your new home as the night covered the sky with darkness.

however, you didn't expect to see pein sitting on your couch as you went for a glass of water.

you stared blankly at him as his lips parted. he just sat there, breathing nervously for a few moments before he stood up and took a step towards you.

"[y/n]—"

"what are you doing here?"

he felt himself flinch inwardly at your tone before he licked his lips.

"i wanted to see you."

you snorted as took a drink from your water, setting it down on the coffee table.

"i don't want to see you. good-bye now."

he sighed through his nose and called out to you pleadingly as you turned to leave.

"please, i still love you. don't you still love me?"

you turned to him with a glare.

"no, yahiko. i have no interest in you. not anymore. in fact i have someone who has already caught my eye in this town."

his eyes flashed dangerously for a moment, the anger clear as he clenched his fists.

"and you will not do anything to the people here. do you understand?"