✾𝟭𝟭𝟱✾

Y/n's eyes slowly fluttered awake to be met by a worried Masumi, hovering over her

Y/n's eyes slowly fluttered awake to be met by a worried Masumi, hovering over her. "Are you alright?" she asked softly to Y/n. Y/n squinted her eyes, trying to readjust her blurry vision. "I'm fine," Y/n slurred tiredly as she pushed herself up, leaning back and soon, her blurry vision was fixed focused on to the face of her disciple. 

"You got injured pretty badly," she said as her blonde streaks fell gracefully and she casted her blue eyes solely on Y/n only. "I can tell," Y/n said as she gestured to her bandages. "Just how long have I been unconscious?" she asked. "One month," that answered was something Y/n did not expect, her facial features shifted into aghast. 

"You're lying," Y/n stated in disbelief. "I've been asleep for One Month--?" she said unsurely. Masumi nodded. "You were pushed beyond your limits, Master," Masumi said quietly. Y/n heaved out a heavy sigh and begrudgingly looked away. "What kind of demon were you facing?" Masumi questioned her, still, a small frown present on her face and she looked oddly calm. 

"An Upper Moon 0," Y/n said breathlessly, she was still appalled by the fact that she had been in bed rest for a whole month. "Upper Moon 0?" Masumi questioned curiously. "I thought the highest would only be Upper Moon 1," Masumi said, her voice hid a well-hidden appalled and astonished tone. "Well, this is a new discovery, I didn't really know about her presence either," she said silently and Y/n looked away. 

"I wanna train." 

"What?" Masumi said with furrowed brows. "No Master, you can't train now, your body isn't fit for the harsh training you put yourself through every day," Masumi said. "I have to get stronger, Masumi, now that I'm well aware of the presence of the Upper Moon 0, I must chisel my strength to divine perfection, or else.. there'll be bigger problems, I'm not perfect, I need to be perfect, I-.. I'm not good enough," Y/n said silently. Masumi fell silent. She gazed at Y/n for a bit before she heaved out a sigh. 

"But aren't you already strong, Master?" Masumi asked. Y/n fell dead silent after her simple question. All this time as a Demon Slayer, she hated, she despised herself for being so extremely debilitated.

 "No," Y/n said silently and she hugged her knees close to her chest. "I'm extremely weak, Masumi, you don't know how despondent I am to know that I'm extremely weak, I'm disappointed in my lack of strength," Y/n said breathlessly, trying to keep her composure correctly.