⟨12⟩

New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
Landon's bedroom
_______________________

"Hello?" Landon groaned, holding the phone to his ear as he sat up from his bed.

"Landy, your father called me last night." was the first words Light told the redhead once he answered the phone.

Shit, "Uh well, dad I was gonna tell you. I just didn't really have any time." he admitted even though he knew he had absolutely no intention of telling either of his dads.

"Uh huh, let's see. Kim Ryojin, Korean, age 28, born in 2004. Started working at Liegth University in 2030, before that he was employed in Liegth: Seoul Division. His parents still live in Korea and his older sister lives in Colombia." Light ranted as if he was reading from paperwork.

"H-how do you know all that?" Landon asked, mildly concerned. So he's Korean, that's really cool.

"He works for me, we do background checks on all our staff." Light answered simply.

Right, I forgot about that. And then Landon realized, Oh shit, "Dad, please don't fire him. It wasn't his fault, I came onto him. Don't make him lose his job because of me." he begged, running a hand through his hair.

Light sighed, "The thought did cross my mind, so did one about having you finish your schooling in Kazan." he responded.

"Liegth K?" Landon's eyes went wide, "You can't send me there." he shook his head.

"I actually can. Technically your legal father is a murderer, but adoption's a loophole which is why you aren't there now." Light informed his son in a sassy manner.

"Oh god, please don't send me there. I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have slept with him, okay?" Landon attempted to appease his father.

"Do you regret it?" Light questioned.
"Um, no." Landon answered, climbing out of bed and going into his bathroom.

"Then why are you apologizing? If this becomes a serious thing between you and him, I want you to have at least Ace meet him, alright?" Light told him calmly.

"Oh- um, alright." Landon was taken back by the way Light just casually suggested they'd be together.

"All right, I'll talk to you later Landy. By the way, could you pick up Leah from your grandparents house today?" Landon turned on the water and grabbed his toothbrush.

"Oh yeah, are they back in Albany?" he questioned, he wasn't sure when they were returning which is why he was still watching Pep.

"They came back this morning and they would've driven him out here but your grandpa apparently caught the stomach flu." he sighed over the phone with a groan.

"Yeah I'll take Pep back with me. Anything else?" Landon asked.
"No, that's all." Light answered neutrally.

"Hey dad, thanks for being so cool about this." he nodded to himself, Even though you're like never here.

"Yeah yeah. I love you kid, talk later." Light said dismissively before hanging up.

"I love you too, I guess." Landon muttered, staring at his phone before tucking it into his pocket and putting his toothbrush in his mouth.

an hour later,
New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
living room
________________________