⟨24⟩

New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
______________________

"Mr. Alvarez, you are aware underage drinking is illegal in the United States, correct?" the police officer crossed his arms, supervising as the other cops guided some of the party-goers out of the mansion.

Landon's lawyer nodded, "I am aware. My only concern is that my client is in handcuffs and he wasn't participating in drinking of any kind." Alvarez stated calmly.

The officer sighed, "This is your client's house correct? That makes him responsible for any crimes occuring while he's aware, whether he partakes or not." he replied sternly.

Landon shot Percy an angry glance, the 20-year-old was standing beside the teen, cuff-less.

"Yes, but this is legally his father's property. I'll have to call his parents since he's still 18." the officer nodded to another cop who quickly grabbed Landon by the arms and pushed the teen outside.

"Wait, Landon!" Percy called after him but Alvarez stopped the blue-haired older man, "I'll call your fathers, don't worry Landon."

That's exactly what I'm fucking worried about, Landon thought as he ducked his head to hide from the paparazzi who showed up the second the cops did; trying to post something about famous singer Landon Laurier being arrested for underage drinking.

3 days later, Saturday
New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
____________________________

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Light asked, slamming the front door.

Landon turned around angrily to face his fathers, "No, are you fucking kidding me? You left me in that station for THREE DAYS!"

"You deserve longer for the shit you pulled." Ash responded in a deep, angry voice.

Ace rolled his eyes before turning to the young blond, "Leaka, can you go up to your room? Your fathers seem to forget we don't curse around children." Ace shot his husbands a look before smiling politely down at the 10-year-old.

Leah nodded before quickly running up the stairs, until he got to the second floor everyone was mostly quiet.

And then, "I didn't even do anything!" Landon defended himself.
"Nothing? So you count throwing a party as nothing?" Light raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a teenager! I'm supposed to go out and do crazy things, and throw parties!" Landon defended.

"No! You don't get to! The whole world is watching you since you decided to be a rockstar!" Light shoved the decision back into the teen's face.

Landon felt tears sting his eyes as he got angrier, "I'm not a rockstar! If you even bothered to listen to my music you would know I sing about love!" he yelled back before adding in a soft voice, "But you're never here. You don't even know I play the guitar."

Light sighed, "I didn't know that, and I'm sorry I'm rarely here. But that doesn't excuse you from throwing a party." he dismissed Landon's clear distress and continued on with the scolding.

"What- no! I didn't throw the party, it was Percy. I told him no, I didn't even know what was happening until the cops were basically here!" Normally Landon wouldn't throw his friend under the bus but he was pissed at the blue-haired man right now.

"Your friend, your home, makes you responsible." Ash stated, all the while Ace kept quiet as usual.

"That's complete bullshit! And even if I did throw the party, why couldn't I? My dad did it all the time when he was my age!" Landon pointed out, causing an unexpected reaction:

"YOU ARE NOTHING LIKE YOUR FATHER!" Light yelled suddenly, instantly covering his mouth with his hand.

Ash pulled Light into him, holding the older man by his waist in a hug.
Landon was mildly confused, seeing as Light literally never spoke of his own brother.

The teen looked to Ace for some kind of explanation but the blond raised his finger, signaling for Landon to wait a second.

Ace walked over to his husbands and placed a kiss on Light's forehead before saying something in Russian to Ash.

Ash nodded with a sigh before looking to the redhead, "Go up to your room, we'll talk about this later." he gestured to the stairs with his head.

Landon was partially offended they were not only leaving him confused but also dismissing him so he spun around and stomped up the stairs like a child.

an hour later,
Landon's bedroom

A knock came on Landon's bedroom door, which instantly soured his mood.

He jumped off his bed and snatched open the door to reveal his dad.
Light stood there with a sad expression on his face, "Can we talk?" he asked softly.

Landon instantly felt bad and opened the door wider with a nod.
Light sat down on the corner of his bed, looking down at the floor as he picked his nails.

"I'm sorry." Landon broke the silence with a soft and sincere apology.
He wasn't sure why Light had started crying but he figured it had something to do with him bringing up his father.

Light wiped tears from his eyes before looking up at the teen and shaking his head, "No, don't apologize. I should be apologizing for yelling at you. I'm sorry Landy." he said in a low voice.

Landon nodded softly before looking around his room as he built up the courage to ask, "Light, was my father a bad person?" he looked over at the brunet.

The sound of hearing his own name instead of 'Dad' shocked Light but he pushed past that, "Um, no. He did bad things but he was good to your mom."

"S-so why doesn't anyone talk about him? There's no pictures of him in Grandma and Grandpa's house, you never bring him up. Did he do something before he died?" the redhead asked confused.

Light took a deep breath, letting out a shaky exhale, "Liam was....a good man. He just had issues and instead of talking about them, he took it out on people who loved him. Me."

"What did he do?" Landon replied quickly, trying to make sense of the vague responses his dad was giving him.

Light paused for a few minutes before standing up, "I- I can't. I'm sorry Landy." he said before almost running out of the room.

Landon stayed on his bed, more confused than anything.
But he had one thing, he used to hurt Light somehow.

Vote and Comment!
bc clearly Light still has problems talking abt it....at least with his kids