⟨58⟩

Liegth K Island
Cafeteria
____________________

"What you've been through?" Landon repeated, confused.

Light quickly shut his mouth and shook his head, "It's nothing. Forget about it. But, don't be worried, Ash doesn't hurt me." he gave a reassuring smile.

But Landon couldn't be reassured since he was now wondering what exactly his dad had been through.
And then he remembered Light's detailed signs of being gaslit and wondered exactly who did that to him.

"Oh, Jake called. He wanted to make sure you had everything you needed for Albany." Light announced unhurriedly.

Landon nodded, "Yeah, I sent my bags up there two days ago. So once we get back, I'll just fly directly there and start my training."

Light smiled and placed a hand on Landon's shoulder, "Thank you Landy." he said with a genuine look of gratitude.

Landon shook his head, "It's my birthright, you don't need to thank me. But is there seriously no way I can't just do my training in New Rochelle?" he finally complained.

Light rolled his eyes, "You're lucky. My dad had me do my training in Austria." he answered with a raise of his eyebrows, "You want that?"

"No, no, of course not. I'm perfectly fine with Albany." Landon rushed to answered, quickly squashing any thoughts Light had of sending him to Austria.

"Good. Now," Light glanced over at the table where Ash glanced harshly at him, "I have to go since your father is waiting. Be safe." Light stood up and balanced himself on the crutches.

Landon nodded, "I will. Be careful, crutches aren't easy to go up stairs with." he joked, earning a chuckle from his dad.

"Thanks Landy." Light smiled before hopping over to Ash and getting pulled into another harsh kiss by the tattooed murderer.

Landon stood up from his seat and limped back to his room, sighing to himself as his mind raced.

Gravelle Dorm
Floor 10
Room 82
____________________

Landon came in and collapsed on the bed, which miraculously had no semen on it.

Ryojin was sitting on the edge, scrolling on his phone, "How's your legs?" he asked.

"Huh?" Landon questioned with a frown, not hearing whatever Ryojin had asked.

"Your legs, how are they?" Ryojin repeated calmly.

Landon was confused on the questioning until he remembered having his legs propped up on Ryojin's shoulder as the man fucked him against the shower wall.

"Th-they're kind of shaky but fine." he answered, his eyelids falling heavily.
Ryojin nodded before looking over his shoulder at Landon.

"Your parents, they seem to argue a lot. Is that normal for them?" he pointed out.

Landon shook his head, "No, normally they say things in Russian but they don't argue. And they don't normally hit each other either."

"Hit each other?" Ryojin asked and Landon remembered the brunet wasn't present for the rest of the dinner.

"Just playful hitting, I guess. But anyways," Light sighed as he changed the subject, "once we get back to America, I'm flying out to Albany to start my work."

Ryojin nodded thoughtfully, "That's fine. Have you dropped out of school?" he rolled over and climbed up onto the bed and laid beside Landon.

Landon hummed, leaning over and kissing Ryojin before answering, "Yes, I did it yesterday. I'm officially not a student or a singer anymore."

The brunet raised his eyebrows, "As your former teacher, I'm inclined to remind you that dropping out of college won't help you get far." he said in a low, playful voice.

Landon chuckled softly, "Well, Mr. Kim, I should inform you that I wasn't getting very far in Art Class anyways."

Ryojin paused before nodding in agreement, "You have potential though, cookie. If you want, I could help you out." he placed his ringed fingers on Landon's thigh.

Was that meant to sound as sexual as it did? Landon wondered, but considering it was Ryojin; it was probably intentional.

"Maybe. I'm not good at painting but I'm pretty okay with sketching, right?" Landon asked with a curious smile, flipping onto his side to face Ryojin.

Ryojin smirked and reached up, pulling Landon's lower lip down with his thumb, "Yeah, you're so good. My good boy." he leaned forward and intimately, slowly french kissed Landon.

"You know, my birthday's in..."Landon paused to look over at the clock on his nightstand, "2 minutes."

Ryojin quickly sat up at the news, "Seriously?" he asked surprised and when Landon nodded, he smiled before tackling the teen into a hug.

He kissed Landon's neck, "Happy birthday cookie." he muttered against Landon's shoulder.

Landon smiled as his heart fluttered, Andrew never cared about my birthday, or any holiday I celebrated.

"What do you want for your birthday? Anything, at all." Ryojin offered, matched with a genuine smile as he ran his fingers across Landon's Adam's apple.

"Anything? Can I ask you for a promise?" Landon looked up at him, staring into Ryojin's dark brown eyes.

Ryojin nodded once, climbing off of Landon's lap seeing as the teen moved to sit up.

Landon had a serious look on his face and he grabbed Ryojin's hand, "If...you ever feel at any point in our relationship, that you don't love me or want to be with me-" he let out a shaky breath.

"...tell me? Will you promise not to be with me out of pity and tell me if you don't love me anymore?"

Ryojin didn't answer for a few seconds, he was taking what Landon had asked into serious consideration.

And then, "I promise. I doubt I'll ever stay with you out of pity, but I promise." he answered calmly.

Landon's heart thumped against his ribcage, and the urge to cry swelled inside of him.

Tears formed in Landon's eyes, but he wasn't sure why he wanted to cry.
Ryojin unexpectedly shifted and grabbed Landon's shoulders, pulling him into a tight hug.

Ryojin rubbed his back, whispering something in Korean and Landon realized why he was crying:

I'm in love...

Vote and Comment!

context-less question: divorce...yay or nay?