⟨64⟩

Warning: Mentions of rape and Liam Liegth

New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
backyard
______________________

Landon walked out to the backyard where Light was sitting on the deck, reading.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" Landon requested, sitting in the lawn chair opposite of the brunet.

Light leaned forward and set his book down, "Of course, what is it?"
Landon sighed before opening his mouth again.

"How did you know? When it happened– I didn't say anything but you knew already." Landon asked.

Light nodded to himself, "I knew one day I'd have to tell you, I guess now's better than never. I knew without you telling me because I could see it in your eyes."

"I've been raped before," Landon quickly looked up at him but didn't say anything, "and I remember the emptiness I felt inside afterwards. I remember how I couldn't breathe, or speak, or think. That's how you looked that day." Light said calmly.

Landon shook his head, "I- I didn't know. Does anyone else know?"
Light closed his eyes momentarily, "Your dads, and your grandparents."

"Did my dad- my real dad, did he know? Or....did it happen after he died?" Landon corrected himself.

Light chewed the inside of his cheek before sighing shakily, "He's the one who did it." he admitted.

Landon unconsciously jerked back, as if trying to move away from the revelation of the crime.

"But..." Landon couldn't find the right words to convey how he was feeling, all he could think was, "you're his brother."

Light gave a short, sad laugh, "It didn't matter to him. Remember when I said Liam was going through things and he took it out on me?"

Landon looked up at Light even with his head still hung down, "I- I didn't realize that's what you meant. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I've always had trouble with telling anyone, it took me years to tell Lex and Olivia." his parents, Light said in a low voice.

Landon could feel his heart weigh heavier, "I'm... I feel so stupid. I've idolized him my entire life and he's-" he didn't finish his sentence, but he didn't need to.

Light shook his head, "No. Aside from what he did, Liam was a good man. He loved your mother and that's the only thing you need to remember him by."

"Did you forgive him? Is that how it works, you're supposed to forgive them?" Landon questioned sadly, he was lost and Light could tell.

"No. I don't forgive him, and you don't have to forgive Jake. We owe them nothing, remember that."

two days later,
Bronxville, NY
Ryojin's apartment
________________________

Landon unlocked the door, stepping into the familiarly cold apartment living room.

"Mr. Kim?" he called, shaking his head with a small laugh, he's not even my teacher anymore.

"In the bedroom!" Ryojin yelled back.
Landon frowned, it was unusual for him to have to go to Ryojin.

Usually the brunet brought himself into the living room to greet Landon with a kiss or a hug.... usually.

Maybe he's not because he thinks I'll freak out from him touching me. Landon thought, going into the bedroom.

Ryojin was sitting on the edge of the bed with his phone in his hands, wearing black socks and dark grey jeans but no shirt.

Landon wore all black, shoes and jeans. His shirt was short sleeved and baggy and he had a black beanie on his head too.

"What are you looking at?" Landon asked curiously, walking over to Ryojin and surprised the teacher by kissing him softly.

Ryojin lifted his hands up to Landon's face, careful of the bruised cheekbone, cupped Landon's cheeks for a deeper kiss involving tongue.

Before the kiss could progress, Ryojin pulled back and grabbed Landon's hand, "Cookie, I need to tell you something."

Landon frowned, worried but still sat down on the bed beside Ryojin, "W-what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Ryojin shook his head, "No, I'm not hurt. But," he sighed and handed Landon his phone, "I'm sorry."

Landon looked down at the phone, it was open to a series of translated text messages between Ryojin and someone named Choi Ae-Cha.

Ae-Cha: Is this Kim Ryojin?

me: Yes. Do I know you?

Ae-Cha: I'm Choi Ae-Cha. We met in Dalseong-gun in December

me: I remember, do you need something?
I thought I made it clear there wouldn't be anything between us afterwards.

Ae-Cha: You did
But I'm pregnant.

Landon didn't even bother to read Ryojin's reply, he looked up at the brunet and said in a soft voice, "Is it yours?"

Ryojin nodded, chewing the inside of his lip, "She says it is. Her family's against abortion but she won't raise the child, that's why she contacted me." he explained.

"What are you gonna do?" Landon asked, handing Ryojin his phone back almost mindlessly.

"Raise it. Which is why I wanted to tell you. Ae-Cha doesn't want a relationship with me so I'm sure she'll be okay with you parenting in her stead." Ryojin replied simply, he'd clearly thought the whole thing out.

Landon pulled his hand back from Ryojin's grasp, "What do you mean 'me'? I told you- I don't want kids. I can't- I'm not old enough."

Ryojin sighed calmly, "You're 19, cookie. I'll be there, you don't have to be perfect. You can learn."

Tears stung Landon's eyes, "You- you've got to be kidding me. Please tell me this is all some kind of joke." he stood up from the bed.

"Landon-"

"No," Landon cut him off, "this has been the worst week of my entire life, so please, tell me you're joking. Please tell me you didn't do the one thing I begged you not to!" he cried.

"I didn't asked you for anything," Landon wiped the tears that rolled to his chin, "except to be careful and you didn't-. You- you couldn't?"

Ryojin reached out for Landon but the redhead back up, "No, don't touch me. Are you serious? Seriously, is this what you expect from me? To just be okay with this?"

"Cookie, please calm down. Let's talk about this." Ryojin offered calmly.

"Fuck that." Landon took off his beanie and threw it right at Ryojin's face, "We're done." and then he left the room and the apartment.

Vote and Comment!
bc my apologies, perdóname