ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

𝕿here's not many things I enjoy in the world

𝕿here's not many things I enjoy in the world. Quidditch was one of them few things. The feeling of soaring through the air, the wind blowing against you causing you to have wind burn and your hair a bit knotty unless you have it in braids. The feeling of being completely in control of something, leading it to where you want to go with no one being able to stop you. I use my flying ability to get away when I need to, in my manor, in the castle, wherever I am, if I need to get away, flying gives me the time to clear my head, it makes me feel alive again.

"Look at these" Regulus Black snickered, joining my side at the tryouts as the second, third and fourth year's fumbled around, the younger ones in uniform that drowned them, wanting to get on the team.

We needed another chaser.

Anthony Higgs and I were the two chasers, and we worked well together if I had to admit it, we need another chaser that would be able to know what we want to do, when we want and to do it the best. Higgs was also the captain this year, with me as Co Captain, in line for when he finishes Hogwarts next year. I cannot wait for that.

"Their eagerness wants to make me gauge my eyes out" I muttered to the boy, twirling my custom made black and white broomstick in my hand, father's money made sure I had the best broom and the best broom only, only one of a kind.

"You can't knock their ambition, Grindelwald, it's adorable" He cooed, mockingly, snorting and elbowing me in the ribs.

Regulus Black. A tousled haired boy in the year below, an aristocratic stature, piercing grey eyes, sharp features, similar to many of the Black heirs. Unlike Sirius, he's a Slytherin like the rest of his bloodline, a seeker on the quidditch team and one of my favourite snakes to have as company. He's so similar to Sirius yet so different at the same time. He's comparable to me.

"Alright! Let's not waste any of my valuable time. We need a chaser and we will not settle for anything but the best. If you need to break a few ribs you do so with a broad smile on your face, if you need to smash kneecaps, you will do so!" Higgs shouted to the line up, eyeing them up and down one by one, "Grindelwald, show them how it's done"

"Yeah, Grindelwald, show them" Regulus repeated with a smirk as I mounted my broom.

"Don't be sour because i'm a better flyer, Reggie" I teased, tying my white hair back into a ponytail and narrowing my eyes at all of the tryout-ees, smirking devilishly when they shivered.

"Never in a million years, Mallie" He scoffed, as I kicked off, beginning to zoom laps around the pitch, chuckling to myself when I heard Higgs screaming constant insults to them.

"I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you, Anderson! Ride the fucking broom!"

"I didn't expect things from you but you still disappoint me, get out!"