ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

T

T.W: Anxiety, depression, medication, drug addiction. (Quite a heavy chapter)

Mental health line: Text 'shout' to 85258.
Or there's 'youngminds' website with lots if mental health support systems.

•••

𝕻latonic soulmates: A 'platonic soulmate' is a feeling of deep connection and understanding, without the romance typically associated with the term soulmate. Consequently, platonic soulmates offer each other a soul connection that goes beyond feelings of friendship.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck" I cursed to myself, practically running through the hallways, my head spinning all over the place, my hands shaking. I was late to class because I'd slept in and neglected to take any of my medication, which was currently firing back at me, making sure I noticed, "Shit- right" I mumbled, pausing at a small opening under the stairs and sliding underneath, taking a seat on the floor. I pulled the boxes out of my bag, reading the labels.

Methadone.

Escitalopram.

I popped the lid open, placing four pills in the palm of my hand, tilting my head back and cupping them down on to my mouth, swallowing them all instantly, closing my eyes and clenching my hands into fists, waiting for them to settle in.

"Mallie? W-what did you just do? D-do you need help? Mallie?" I heard a familiar voice splutter, crawling underneath the stairs, my eyes flitting open as I sniffed, shaking my head at the boy.

"I'm fine, just give me a few minutes" I breathed out, taking my water bottle out of my bag, my hands shaking as I took a sip.

Something bad is going to happen today.

Something really bad.

Why does the world look like this today?

It's not right. It doesn't look right, feel right.

"What did you just take? Do you need to go to Poppy? I- methadone?" He whispered, picking up the bottle, and tracing his thumb over the label before looking back up at me, his lips parting as sorrow swam in his hazel eyes, "M-methadone Mallie?"

"I'm sober, I swear i'm clean" I whispered, leaning my head back on the wall, bringing my knees up to my chest, "I promise, James, I-I oh fuck my head" I groaned, placing my hands over my head, feeling a new headache come on from the side affects from the medication.

"Take another sip of water" He urged, holding the water bottle up to me, my hands still shaking from the intense anxiety I was feeling this morning, "I'll hold it for you"

"Thank you" I murmured, taking a sip of the cold liquid, feeling it travel down my throat when he placed it back down.

"Do you need to go to Poppy or get someone?" He questioned quietly, my eyebrows furrowing.