ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

𝕿his Easter holidays had been the best one of my entire life- that much was certain

𝕿his Easter holidays had been the best one of my entire life- that much was certain. Sure, I had a few rough days in between the amazing ones, but they all bared with me and tried to help me in any way they could, like they really cared for me. I don't remember the last time I had ever felt truly cared for by someone other than Noelle and even then it wasn't always felt even when she did. I couldn't believe how loving and kind the Potters truly were and whilst it made me happy to meet them, it made me angry because James got to live and grow up with them and I got— well I got what I was dealt with.

I thought about how much my life would be different if I was born a Potter, even though I do to some extent love who I am, how powerful l am, it still made me a little mad and dare I say upset. Sirius understood. He's felt the same way for five years, he truly hated being a Black, though the Potters treat him as their own son, looking after him the same as they do James and I'm thankful at that. He's finally getting what he deserves.

The group of us were sitting in the kitchen for breakfast for the last couple of days of the break, sharing pleasant chatter and stories about their times at Hogwarts and our times at Hogwarts, the older pair still rather keen in finding out as much about me as they could.

".....and I dropped the lot of them in the Black lake" I told them with a grin, the four boys beginning to defend themselves and tell the older couple how evil and cruel I was, that they had a cold for days after,

"You tried to prank her in the first place, it's on you" Mia told them sternly, my lips tugging upwards, smiling kindly at the woman, James sighing exasperatedly at her defending me, "Us girls stick together, I don't blame her having to deal with all of you"

"Thank you Effie" I hummed gently, glancing down to my lap when I felt Sirius slide his hand onto my thigh comfortably, my eyes blinking down before looking up to him, my heart skipping a few beats when he met my gaze, his grey eyes soft and his cheeks warm- even more so when I slowly placed my hand down over his, feeling an eruption of fireworks inside me from the contact.

The boy looked down at where she had slipped her hand over his own on her thigh, a simple gesture from her that made his heart pound obnoxiously in his chest and his eyes want to tear up from the affection. Gaining Mallory Grindelwald's affection was a one in a million thing, maybe more than that, it was very rare. And he liked it, he liked that it made him feel special, that it was something more than she had with anyone else- they were dating now after all, well he was planning their first date of which he hoped there would be many more following.

He couldn't help himself but lean over and press his lips to her temple as James and Peter talked animatedly about one of their pranks, Remus reminding them occasionally how it failed and he knew it would all along because it was James' plan and it wasn't his so it had a loophole. He was affectionate person, not as much as James was, but he liked to touch her in some innocent type of way for reassurance that she was there and also for her.