ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 57

𝕽egulus was settling in to the Potter's the way I did and Sirius presumably did, seeming to understand and like their affection and the way the family works

𝕽egulus was settling in to the Potter's the way I did and Sirius presumably did, seeming to understand and like their affection and the way the family works. They asked him some nice questions about himself when we were eating lunch together, James, Sirius and I making sure to make it light hearted and more comfortable for him, knowing this was a drastic change from where he just came from. Although, he seemed to enjoy the mention of cake after lunch and became even more relaxed afterwards,

I excused myself after eating, my mind still heavy with thoughts about my visit to my father this morning in Azkaban, what he said, the way he was acting, the suddenness of it all. It was hard to process everything he said, especially me being the person I am. I decided to explore the manor a bit more, as there were many rooms I had not yet seen as it was quite a large manor in itself. I hummed in curiosity, opening one of the doors to reveal quite a large room filled with musical instruments. Violins, cellos, brass instruments, even a harp, but what really caught my eye was the shiny black grand piano in the middle of the room.

I approached slowly, perching myself on the stool, simply admiring the instrument in front of me and it's beauty. Black and white. I conjured up the music to one of my favourite pieces and rested it on the small ledge, relaxing myself entirely and breathing out a few small breaths when I let my fingers hover over the white and black keys, closing my eyes briefly when I gently pressed down creating the sound of the first chord, a burst of happiness flowing through me, before I knew it, I was fully playing the composed piece in front of me with no other cares in the world.

Sirius leaned against the doorway of the room, simply admiring the girl even further as her fingertips graced the white keys of the grand piano in the music room, with her feet tapping the pedals gently. He doesn't think he's ever seen her so calm, her shoulders relaxed, her snowy hair swaying when she slowly moved her head to the song she was playing. He smiled faintly, finding himself adoring her even more when she lifted her head to look outside to the rain pattering against the window of the gardens, her hands carrying on playing as though it was the easiest thing in the world. He didn't know she could play.

This girl was full of surprises.

He slowly approached her after a while when she finished the song she was playing, sliding onto the black stool beside of her, keeping his gaze straight forward to the window watching the rain, not really wanting to disturb her in her element she seemed to be enraptured in. He glanced down to the sheet of music in front of her, biting the inside of his cheek, aware of their sides brushing when he quietly began to play the same song again, not missing the way she turned her head to him in surprise, a sheepish grin on his face when he kept his eyes down on the music and his hands,

I whirled my head around to the side when he began to play the same tune effortlessly, reading the music, his large, slender hands smoothly gliding across the keys in a feathery touch until the beat picked up and he began pressing firmer on the keys. I inspected him, his grey eyes concentrated flickering between the sheets and his hands, his foot slowly tapping on the pedal when he needs to, my heart speeding up in my chest when he closed his eyes with a small smile, leaning further into my side.