ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

𝕽emus groaned, stirring from his deep sleep in the hospital wing after the previous nights's full moon, wincing from the pain across his stomach

𝕽emus groaned, stirring from his deep sleep in the hospital wing after the previous nights's full moon, wincing from the pain across his stomach. Of course he scratched himself across his torso. Again. He had to admit though, with Madame Pomfrey and they boys all helping him with each full moon, they're more tolerable and easier to deal with than when he had to do them on his own. He hates the fact his friends are in danger every time they follow him to the Whomping Willow, that he might scratch or bite them so they would be cursed to- but at the same time he's tremendously grateful because they're always with him no matter what, and he was sure that for that reason, they were the best people in the world.

"Fucking hell" He whispered to himself, scrunching his face up before sighing heavily, nearly leaping from the bed when a voice next to him spoke plainly,

"How does one fuck hell?"

He shifted his head, his honey orbs blessed with the sight of Mallory Grindelwald curled up on one of the small chairs, flicking through the pages of a leather book that was resting inbetween her thighs and chest as she had her knees tucked upwards. He furrowed his eyes in confusion at the thought of her here, her white hair tied back neatly into a pony tail, though he smiles faintly at her presence beside him.

"The devil" He answered simply, my eyes flickering up to his face from my book, placing my feet back on the ground and scanning over his frame.

"People call me the devil, are we going to fuck?" I teased, a lazy grin on his face before he chuckled, wincing at the pain on his stomach, "I don't think Nox would like that"

He doesn't think Sirius would either. He thinks to himself, scanning over the girl, an uncomfortable knot tying in his throat when realisation dawned on him, his lips parting to speak,

"You've gone up in my estimations, Lupin. Knowing you, I mean. You were already up there from being a werewolf because it's fucking cool, but knowing you, you've gone up" I told him before he could speak, his eyebrows knitting together and his eyes narrowing ever so slightly at me, "I've known since first year, do you know why?"

"Because you're Mallory Grindelwald" He breathed out heavily, shifting his position and looking back up to the ceiling, his hand on his stomach, his adam's apple bobbing when he gulped, "D-does she-"

"No. She doesn't. I would advise you tell her though if you plan on asking her out, she won't mind but she likes honesty" I hummed, standing up and looming over him, "I like you for her"

"Good. I like her" He murmured, a smile gracing my lips, brushing the hair off his forehead, "How long have you been here?"

"Four hours I think. Sirius was here before, I sent him for some sleep, he looked dreadful and he hit me when I told him that" I grumbled, a light chuckle emitting from his chest again, nudging his head up into my hand.