ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35

"𝕻rongs we have an issue" Sirius breathed out heavily, as soon as he stepped foot into his dorm room, running his hands through his hair, James immediately jumping from his bed, furrowing his eyebrows, "I think I just told a Hufflepuff i'd go wit...

"𝕻rongs we have an issue" Sirius breathed out heavily, as soon as he stepped foot into his dorm room, running his hands through his hair, James immediately jumping from his bed, furrowing his eyebrows, "I think I just told a Hufflepuff i'd go with them to Hogsmeade because,.....er I-I-"

"Please tell me it wasn't because you were staring at Mallie" James pleaded, squeezing his eyes shut, not liking the way this was going.

"I wasn't concentrating, I didn't even know I nodded my head, I-I just wanted to her to go away so I could....."

"Look longingly at Mallie" James finished simply, as though it was the most obvious thing in the world, the boy huffing, folding his arms over his chest.

"I-I don't want to go on a date with the Hufflepuff! I don't even know her name!" He whisper shouted as though if he was any louder someone might hear them, his heart thumping in his chest, as he pouted his lips, looking down at the ground to his snake ring, murmuring throatily, "I-I want to go on a date with Rory"

"Well it's about bloody time!" James claimed, clapping his hands together with a crooked grin, Sirius trudging over to his bed and collapsing on top of it, "Tell the Hufflepuff you don't want to go and take Mallie instead"

"You're mental. No, I don't think she likes me, nor does she date. Plus, her idea of a perfect date doesn't involve Hogsmeade" Sirius muttered, staring up at the ceiling of his canopy, twisting his rings over his finger, his heart aching in his chest, "I really fancy her. I-I nearly kissed her so many fucking times, I-"

"Yeah? When?" James quizzed curiously, having never seen his best friend react this way over a girl before- least of all the girl he's hated over the past four years.

"In astronomy, I was so fucking close, the perfect moment and then bloody Sinistra dismissed us and she ran off" He sighed, running his hands over his face, shaking his head, chuckling, "Fuck this"

"What are you- doing?" James finished when the boy walked back out of the dorm, his face scrunching up nervously about what his impulsive best friend was about to do.

•••

I glanced up when someone slid into the seat beside me in the library after I had snuck into the restricted section, looking for a dark magic book I hadn't yet read after doing some homework. My lips upturned into a smile in greeting at the boy appearing beside me on the chair, in his usual leather jacket, leaning his forearm on the desk facing me as I carried on reading.

"Hallo, was machst du hier?" I queried, trailing my pointer finger over the words, hearing him chuckle,

"I don't speak German, Rory, you know this"

"Lo sé, pero es gracioso que no sepas lo que estoy diciendo"

"Vous avez l'air bizarre en parlant espagnol. L'allemand convient à votre aura. It's harsher" He muttered, my eyebrows raising when I looked up at him again, tilting my head to the side, his shoulders shrugging, "You sound strangely sweet speaking French though"