ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 65

"𝕳ow were your lessons?" I heard a familiar voice pipe up as he strolled into his office from merlin knows where, walking straight past me whilst I laid back on my accustomed chair towards his desk, my blue lollipop swirling around my mouth befor...

"𝕳ow were your lessons?" I heard a familiar voice pipe up as he strolled into his office from merlin knows where, walking straight past me whilst I laid back on my accustomed chair towards his desk, my blue lollipop swirling around my mouth before I plucked it from my lips, answering honestly,

"History of Magic was a bore as usual, had a good nap though, bless his little fossil soul. Potions we just took some notes, though I doodled on my parchment, charms was alright though Fil did a long speech at the start— oh and Minnie purposely placed Sirius and I at the desk we shagged at last year, i'm sure she thinks she was amusing for that, it's our desk now, we transfigured a name card and placed it down with an sticking charm"

"It sounds like you've had an eventful few hours, Mallory" He hummed, my head nodding in agreement, staring up at the ceiling as I began sucking on my lollipop again, listening to him fiddle with some of his parchment when he spoke up, "I've handled the complaint, you don't have to worry about that"

"I wasn't worrying. I knew that was going to happen, that's why I sent Regulus and everyone on the train as soon as they got to the platform....four showers later and i'm clean— I think. Daddy dearest will go ballistic when he hears about this, it's not the warmest welcome into the family, mind you I did barge in during the holidays when I went for Reggie. Helped myself so some of their whiskey— have you seen that house? It's filthy.....black"

"I'm quite happy to say I haven't been to Grimmauld place, nor do I want to go in the future. The Blacks have never been a fan on me, i'm inclined to think it's because i'm a Gryffindor" He muttered absentmindedly, scribbling something down on some parchment when I sat upwards, kicking my legs around like a bored five year old child as I countered pointedly,

"I'm a Slytherin, their favoured house and yet they don't like me....."

"You know exactly why they don't like you" He sighed, raising his head when I cackled, throwing my head back in amusement, absolutely adoring how easy and little it takes me to rile up the older Blacks, and have had both of their son's tongues locked with mine despite their hatred for me. Absolutely hilarious.

"You like me though, don't you? Or is that just daddy?" I teased with a mischievous grin, the older wizard simply ignoring me, shaking his head when I chuckled in amusement again, twirling my wand around my fingers when I mumbled quietly, "Would have been great...."

"Care to explain the meaning behind that?" He asked, dropping his quill and leaning back, his twinkly blue eyes on the side of my face when I scanned around the office, shrugging as I said simply, meeting his eyes pointedly finally,

"If I was somehow the product of my father.....and you"

He merely stared at the girl, feeling rather unsettled underneath her unnerving gaze, a bundle of nerves building in his stomach from her words. They're almost knowing, they're almost too confident for her to be really pondering it, and it nearly sets him on edge. Dumbledore rarely loses his calm, collected and serene stance, his wise with his words and he can gage majority of the time what something is thinking before they can say the words. Mallory has always been different. She's too much like her father....and him in that aspect.