ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 74

𝕿he breakfast tables were reverberating, each student eagerly conversing on their plans for the Christmas holidays coming up in the following weeks

Sirius allowed the chatter of his friends to wash over him, too distracted by the glimpse of ink obscuring his vision. After all, James' story of their Christmas in second year when he had managed to escape his horror house was something he had lived through experience, Mallory was always more captivating, more enthralling, more stimulating.

He feels his entire being thrumming when he reaches out, weaving her snowy locks through his fingers with delicacy and brushing them out the way, his breathing catching in his throat almost immediately. She didn't flinch, didn't acknowledge the clear reaction he was having to the newest mark gracing her skin so heavenly yet oh so sinfully.

Without a second thought, he leans in to her, his head spinning when her perfume intoxicated his lungs, trying to remember how to breathe as he presses his lips ever so slightly to the bloomed rose behind her ear, his lips quirking upwards into a lopsided smile when he heard her hum in almost delight.

"I'm guessing you're a fan?" I murmured, keeping my eyes trained down on my leather bound journal, however leaning my body into the alluring essence that seems to follow Sirius Black wherever he goes.

He heaved a breathily laugh, too busy burying his nose into her hair to answer, though pressing a considerable number of kisses over and over to the same spot until she properly acknowledged him. A surge of satisfaction flared in his chest when she bent her arm, managing to cup his jaw and rub a circle with the pad of her thumb on his pulse.

"You should see the one on my lower back then" I muttered, smirking at the intrigued sound escaping from the back of his throat, resting his palm affectionately in place as he wonders boyishly,

"Oh yeah? Does it have anything to do with a certain someone?"

I nodded my head as best as I could with him pressed against me, flipping my page with the other hands as I answered cheekily,

"It does actually, there's just something about antlers I adore"

He grunted irritably, sulking as he pulled away from me with narrowed eyes, laughter tearing from my throat when I soaked in his expression, his annoyance seeming to have captured James' attention when he glared towards him too, the bespectacled boy pausing his chatter to question confusedly,

"What?"

"You, you bloody wanker. I hate you" He scoffed, James blinking for a few moments, a snort emitting for a few moments when he merely shrugged, nodding,

"Fair enough, but i'll need a better explanation or some excusable reason. Is it because Mallie loves me more than you?"

Marlene shook her head, leaning forward from her seat, smirking as she claims, "I think you'll find she loves me the most, I'm the one who got to doodle on her"