ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25

"𝕭loody History of Magic, I fell asleep because Binns was drawling out the difference between a rooster and a chicken as if that has anything to do with magic or the history of magic" Noelle complained as we made our way through the hallways towa...

"𝕭loody History of Magic, I fell asleep because Binns was drawling out the difference between a rooster and a chicken as if that has anything to do with magic or the history of magic" Noelle complained as we made our way through the hallways towards the library, "It's a fucking good job I can teach myself otherwise I would be in big trouble"

"Goblin war dates and key things like that, that's all you need to know. The rest you can ramble on, as long as it sounds clever, you'll get the marks" I told her, the brunette humming in agreement, "We have four months until OWLs don't panic"

"Easy for you to say, you're an outstanding student" She scoffed, my eyebrow quirking as I turned to look at her with a pointed look, "You're naturally clever in magic, I didn't know I was a witch until I was eleven. You have eleven years on me"

"Yes, the time when I couldn't speak or stand on my own, I was still ahead of you then, was I?" I retorted, her brown eyes rolling, elbowing my arms.

"Where do you get your sarcasm from? Did they throw you at the wall? Actually- don't answer that" She muttered when I opened my mouth to respond, pursing my lips together, waving it off nevertheless, "Sarcasm is a defence mechanism-"

"For what?"

"To hide pain or insecurity"

"Oh yeah, that's totally me. Ding ding ding, Nox, you won a prize!" I cheered, her hands gesturing to me for my remark, before I sighed, pushing my reading glasses up my nose further, stopping when I saw a familiar boy with dark hair with a blonde pinned up against the wall near the library doors.

Sirius kisses the blonde girl aggressively, trying to erase any thought he could possibly have about the snow haired girl who had been occupying his mind recently. It was driving him insane, the night coming back from Christmas holidays in the Astronomy tower almost permanently painted into his mind. Clearly and vividly. He hoped by snogging- Felicity he thinks her name is, that it will help clear his mind, suppress everything like it usually does. His tongue is practically down his throat as he pinned her to the wall, his hands securely on her hips, pretending to be interested in her, when he hears a familiar voice,

"Take that to a broom cupboard this is a public place with children that don't want to see you eating her face and be scarred for life" Noelle voiced loudly, catching me by surprise as I turned to her, a deadly glare fixed on him as he teared away from the blonde to us, my face blank as I stared back at him.

Noelle's voice draws him away but she calls his eyes to her immediately when he spun around. She just stares at him, a blank look on her face, no emotion in her eyes or expression. Just blank. No jealousy, no anger, unlike her best friend practically seething at him, she looks bored of standing there. He doesn't miss the way she flickers her eyes to the blonde's hair, seeing it in front of her ears, though she doesn't look relieved or relaxed. She just simply walks off towards the library, whistling for the brunette girl to follow her.