ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 59

𝕴 didn't leave my room for the rest of the night, not wanting to see anyone at the moment or in my state

𝕴 didn't leave my room for the rest of the night, not wanting to see anyone at the moment or in my state. I needed some time for myself away to think, to process how I was feeling and get used to it. I wished it was easy for me to love like James and Noelle can, but I can't and I feel awful that i've avoided Sirius for the night without an explanation but when I see him next, I need to have my head in the right place or it will end in a downwards spiral and the last thing I want is to lose him.

I woke up extremely early, quietly packing up my trunk making sure to leave my Slytherin jersey on my bed for the boy, before making my way out of the manor, after writing a note and leaving it on the table. Time away. I sighed heavily, looking back at the manor before leaving the gates, standing there with my trunk in my hand, remembering my father's words on how to get to the manor,

"Mallory Hesperia Grindelwald" I spoke out loud, closing my eyes and imagining a manor in the middle of the Swiss Alps, smirking to myself when I felt the familiar feeling of apparation, being sucked through a green tube and landing firmly on a ground full of snow, my eyes widening ever so slightly at the sight in front of me. When he said the Swiss Alps, he was not kidding.

The Grindelwald manor was everything I expected it to be. Quite a dark and gothic place, secluded and private away from any other sign of life around. The bricks were a stone grey colour despite being covered in a thick blanket of snow, and I gathered it was rather large considering the exterior which was no surprise to me with the fact Grindelwald's are quite wealthy, most of the wealth being mine my father had hid away. I started walking towards the building, unlocking the door with magic, and stepping inside, excitement coursing through my veins at the sight of the dark aesthetically pleasing interior. This was all mine.

This could be my home.

•••

Sirius groaned, stirring from his slumber rubbing his hands over his eyes, debating whether or not he should trod over to his girlfriend's room after not seeing her for the rest of the evening yesterday after something happened that no one will tell him. He wants to speak with her, comfort her and for her to tell him what's wrong, deep down he knew it had something to do with him otherwise he would have gone to her instead of James and Regulus. He would have been able to go last night, but they wouldn't let him. He sighed heavily, opening the door of his room and heading towards hers, knocking gently on the door a few times.

After he had no answer, he opened it to reveal an empty room, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion, walking over to the bathroom to see it was empty too, dread washing over him as he just stood frozen in the cold room, her looming scent invading his lungs making his heart pound. He spies her green jersey on the bed with a piece of parchment rested on top of it, his legs carrying him forward, desperately hoping this wasn't what he thinks it was and it was just a note to say that she was on a quick walk outside. He knew better though, this was Mallory Grindelwald.