ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21

𝕾irius had never felt more dishonourable than when he was back in his childhood home- if you could call it a home

𝕾irius had never felt more dishonourable than when he was back in his childhood home- if you could call it a home. He's never liked Grimmauld place, the eerie darkness and artefacts laced with dark magic, walls of dark green and silver items filled with the family crests and 'Noble House Of Black's' motto, 'Toujours Pur'. Balderdash if you asked him, 'Always Pure'. Surely interbreeding within families discards the idea of being pure, he has relatives that aren't pure- they just get taken off the family tree.

His older cousin Andromeda had been blasted off the family tree a couple years ago when she didn't return home after her seventh year at Hogwarts, deciding to marry a muggleborn called 'Ted Tonks' instead of the pureblood maniac she was supposed to. She had a baby now, Nymphadora, who was around two or three- he wasn't sure. He had lost contact with her despite how much he admired her. He always liked Andromeda the most, she was always the kind, affectionate one in his family he could always turn to, she was the only Black who ever gave him love when he needed it. Sure, Narcissa was there a few times, though she disagreed with him on views in their society- and for that they didn't speak much.

Bellatrix was- well all he could say was deranged. That was the only word that could describe her.

He always tried to protect his baby brother from everything, receiving punishments when he took the blame for accidents he had done, and he had the scars for evidence. He had a new scar from a punishment he had just yesterday, his body weaker and sore than it had ever been before, though the reminder he was a Gryffindor was constantly in the back of his mind.

He couldn't hold his tongue. Not when his parents are talking about how his friends don't deserve to have magic and are disgraces to the name wizard. He couldn't sit there and listen when these people are the ones that care and love him for who he is regardless.

He nearly spat on his mother and father when they asked him who he had been writing to, answering honestly when he said yes to her being a pureblood. She was more than that, Mallory Grindelwald was more than just an acceptable pureblood to hang around. And she would probably spit on them without hesitation for thinking all she was, was a pureblood society girl.

Mallory. Rory. A day didn't go by when he didn't think about the way he left, her shocked and stunned face when he kissed her forehead. A token of affection. They didn't discuss it in the letters, most of them consisted of her telling him what she's been doing at Hogwarts with Peeves, even pranking the professor's for him a few times- predominately Minnie, causing him to smile and cheer him up more. Although there was always a sentence at the bottom she repeated over and over that made his insides flood with warmth,

'Lions don't loose sleep over the opinions of sheep'

The Blacks are sheep, following in the footsteps of their ancestors, keeping the bloodline pure as they marry and reproduce heirs to carry on the family name and follow in the footsteps, a repetitive cycle of life. The parents don't show love because they didn't receive it, and so on, it's how it goes. They are all the sheep.