ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

𝕬s I had already decided earlier, I missed the trip to Hogsmeade

𝕬s I had already decided earlier, I missed the trip to Hogsmeade. A small village not far from the castle where students third year and up can escape out of the castle walls and spend time with their friends in all the different shops, ultimately going to the Three Broomsticks afterwards for a butterbeer. I didn't really care much for the village after the first couple of trips, yes, I would go occasionally when I felt like it, but I didn't feel particularly excitable for the trips like anyone else. Noelle reluctantly left without me, after realising I wouldn't change my mind and joined a few ravenclaw friends in our year, one of them being a cocoa skinned girl called Dorcas Meadows that she shares her dorm with.

I hummed, strolling through the quiet castle hallways, sucking on the bitter blue lollipop in my mouth, mentally taking a note of some strange things I would spot. A tapestry with a hollow wall behind, one brick considerably darker than the rest. A one eyed witch portrait with a small white line underneath on the brick or a long length of the wall when the windows are evenly spaced out. Passageways. The secrets Hogwarts hold. I stood there, in my black leather jacket and cord black jeans, aimlessly staring out of a window and on to the grounds, swirling the lollipop around my mouth.

"Not care for a trip to Hogsmeade this time?" A voice spoke, appearing next to me as I kept my gaze straight out of the window, humming.

"I'd rather spend my valuable time exploring what's hidden in these walls" I answered, "Noelle will undoubtedly tell me every detail to the point it will be as if I joined her" I told the older witch, turning to her finally, "How come you aren't there?"

"I have essays to grade, the best time of year to venture to Hogsmeade is Winter. During Autumn, the best place to be is the grounds" She replied, "Care to join me?"

I nodded, following her towards her office, our shoes clicking amongst the floor as we rounded near the Gryffindor's office, myself not surprised by the image. It's exactly what I expected the Gryffindor common room to be like. Red walls, a clutter of useless ornaments, leather couches with hand knitted throws and cushions, each one not matching the other, distorted paintings on the walls. A complete contrast to the Slytherin common room.

"It's lovely" I voiced, examining items to the very finest detail, a miniature broomstick in my hand. A figurine.

She chuckled, taking a seat behind her desk, pouring some tea for the both of us before beginning to grade her essays like she said she was going to, "I appreciate the compliment, Mallory, however I do know it's not to your taste"

"What do you believe I would do with the place? Because if you think I would make it dark and black you are absolutely right" I claimed, a light laugh escaping my lips, "Typical Mallory, right?"

"I think there's more than meets the eye. We all have both light and dark inside of us" She replied as I took a seat in front of her desk, taking a sip of the black tea after placing the stick of my lollipop in the bin.