ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 58

"𝖂hat are you two doing?" Mia questioned amusedly, finding both of her sons in the same position, leaning over the counter with the chins on their hands, gazing out of the window to the two Slytherins laughing and talking to each other

"𝖂hat are you two doing?" Mia questioned amusedly, finding both of her sons in the same position, leaning over the counter with the chins on their hands, gazing out of the window to the two Slytherins laughing and talking to each other. They didn't answer, still in their dazes, causing her to smirk even more, she thought it was hilarious the pair were obviously fawning over Slytherins when they used to despise everything and everyone tied to the Hogwarts house, "I think Regulus mentioned something about this book we have in the study-"

"Which is called?" James asked abruptly, whipping around with a grin, his mum's smile widening knowingly at her son, squeezing his shoulder,

"The Great Gatsby, a muggle one. Your dad is in there, go and ask him for it" She responded, chuckling at the way he zoomed off to find the book for the boy, her eyes flickering over to the long haired boy, who hadn't yet drawn his eyes from the window, a lovesick expression on his face that made her heart warm in her chest, standing beside him and looking out of the window.

Sirius groaned when he felt her nudge him playfully, patting his back gently with a chuckle, his cheeks warming. She didn't say anything to him, just simply stood with him, following his gaze outside. He knew he couldn't play it off and say he was looking at his little brother, she knew it him too well and he probably made it quite obvious, so he decided to speak up finally after a few quiet moments,

"I love her" He murmured throatily to the blonde woman without glancing up, his gaze still on his girlfriend outside butterflies fluttering throughout his entire body from the words slipping out of his mouth, it didn't feel scary to admit, it felt good. It felt exciting and new like a first year puppy crush on a girl were they would purposely do idiotic things to catch their attention. It always felt like that when he thought about her, and he likes who he is when she's around.

"I know" She hummed, remembering back to the first time the girl had been mentioned at Christmas and she knew deep down Sirius did indeed fancy the girl even though he tried to deny it. She knew the lion ring that was now on Mallory's finger was for her and not Regulus like he said, she was glad that her sons were finding comfort and love in these dark times ahead, that's all she's ever wanted for them, "Have you thought about telling her?"

"Oh Merlin no, she would run from me" He laughed nervously, finally tearing his gaze from her and rubbing the back of his neck, looking into the affectionate blue eyes in front of him, his nose twitching when he mumbled, "I'm so in love with her b-but she doesn't do love, and that's okay I-I'll just...i'll just do what we're doing now, that's fine"

"Sirius you're definitely fitting in here with the Potter obliviousness" She tutted, pushing his hair back with a smile, his eyebrows furrowing, "You dated, she doesn't date, you're her boyfriend, she doesn't have boyfriends, and now- what you're doing now, you're falling in love if you're not already there which you've just told me you are. She might surprise you, she might love you too"