ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

"𝖂hat are we doing?" I queried to Remus stepping beside him in the DADA classroom, noticing the desks pushed to the sides again, a wardrobe in the middle of the room

"Boggarts" He murmured nervously, my eyes flickering up to meet his panicked honey ones, "I-I can't do it. If they see it's a full moon or werewolf they'll know. I can't risk it"

"That's alright. Go near the back, there's bound to be a catastrophe before everyone can have a turn, then it will never be on you, yeah?" I told him, glancing around the groups, some eager and courageous Gryffindors, some more timid, unsure ones and some Slytherins snickering at others when they're stood as far away as possible.

"I don't want to look like a coward though"

"You're a bloody Gryffindor. You all have idiotic hero and reckless complexes" I muttered whilst scanning my eyes over the room, hearing him snort, shaking his head,

"I'm going to take that as a compliment, though I think you mean it as an insult" He chuckled, causing me to crack a grin up at him, before tugging on his arm and pulling him to the side, as I slipped onto the edge one of the desks, crossing one leg over the other, "You came here alone?"

"No, Wormy's over there chatting to Mary. We left Prongs and Padfoot in the great hall, Prongs is trying to get a date with this brunette Hufflepuff, er- Sage I think. Anyway, i've had to put up with his awful flirting with Lily for five years, I give up now. So we fled the scene and left him with Sirius" He explained, slouching against the edge of the desk, my hands reaching to fix his collar that was wonky at the back as I replied,

"Sage. I don't know this Sage...."

"Erm...brown hair, quite long and wavy. Bright green eyes, dotted freckles, she's fairly sweet. I'm not sure if he's really interested in her though or if he just wants to go out there. He's never really dated anyone because he's been saving himself for Lily but he's not anymore" He described to me, fixing his tie, my eyebrows raising, "His fan club's nearly as big as Padfoot's and know there's rumours he's trying to get over Lily, they're throwing themselves at him"

"Couldn't be me. I don't date and i'd never be seen throwing myself at a boy. If they like me, they can fucking show me and work for it. I have high standards, i'm not going to settle for someone that doesn't really want me, you know?" I commented, sighing softly and leaning into his side, the two of us observing different groups chatting, waiting for the professor to turn up.

"Okay...but what if you did find that person who really wanted you. You would date for them, right?" He asked quietly, peering over his shoulder to the snow haired girl as she lost herself in a trance, the boy trying to fight a smirk off his face when she pouted her pink lips together, shrugging,

"I'm not sure, they'd have to really impress me for a date and I swear if they took me to that fucking tea shop in Hogsmeade i'll murder them on the spot" I grumbled, hearing him chuckle amusedly at my comment, though agreeing with me, "Please tell me you've not took Nox there"