ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

𝕿here couldn't have been a more perfect day for me to be born

𝕿here couldn't have been a more perfect day for me to be born. October 31st 1959. Halloween. My appearance has always been quite spooky, my white hair, pale skin and monochrome eyes, fairly identical to my father, much to the reason why many people fear me- as well as my temper and duelling skills. Each year, I throw a Halloween party in the Slytherin common room, all houses invited which means majority of the castle come because no one ever misses Mallory Grindelwald's parties. They're just as popular and known as the Marauder ones. This year, the Marauders and I decided to do it in the Gryffindor common room which I reluctantly agreed to eventually when they begged me rather than doing it in my own one.

"What are you dressing up as, Mallie?" James quizzed as breakfast, my lips quirking upwards as I sipped on my dark coffee.

"It's quite obvious, isn't it? I'm being one of the darkest wizards in the world, I have the looks, it would be a bit of a waste not to use them" I grinned, a chuckle escaping his lips, shaking his head in disbelief of my answer to dress up as my father.

Over the past couple of days I had gotten closer to James after our run in on that morning, much to Sirius' displeasure. As I've got to know him more, the more I've realised what a mum of the group he is. He seems to ask me everyday how i'm feeling and if I've taken anything or need the day of, as much as I pretend to hate it, a part of me inside warms because I know he cares and he's not going to leave me like everyone else.

"You're going to dress up as your father?" Sirius repeated, looking at me up and down when I nodded.

"I think it's a great idea" Remus piped up with a smile, nudging Noelle when she mumbled something under her breath to me.

"Mallory" I heard a voice call behind me, causing me to turn around, finding Mcgonagall stood there with a small smile on her face, "I know how fond you are of Halloween, I hope it's a spectacular day for you"

"What about us?!" Sirius exclaimed, gesturing to the four boys, the older witch quirking an eyebrow.

"Perhaps i'll say the same to you in three days time Mr Black"

"But it's not Halloween then, it's my-"

"Birthday" They all chorused together, turning to me with wide eyes as my nose twitched, looking up at the professor who let out an amused sound before making her way towards the head table for breakfast, Dumbledore winking at me.

"You didn't tell us it was your birthday!"

"Keep your fucking voice down before I do it for you" I growled, drinking more of my coffee with a bitter look on my face, "No one knows"

"I knew" Noelle sighed gently, "As if I wouldn't find out your birthday, Mal, you're my best friend. I just didn't mention it because I knew how much you hate it. There's a reason you don't tell people"