ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23

"𝕬ll packed and ready?" Sirius heard Mia ask, popping her head around the door of his room, causing him to snap a box shut he was looking down at and look up at her, nodding his head, gesturing to his trunk by the door

"𝕬ll packed and ready?" Sirius heard Mia ask, popping her head around the door of his room, causing him to snap a box shut he was looking down at and look up at her, nodding his head, gesturing to his trunk by the door. He'd spent the remainder of the Christmas holidays at the Potter's the way he wanted to originally, with hot chocolate, warmth and love- it was perfect. And now he was going back to Hogwarts, back to school, back to Regulus, back to Mallory.

He slid the box into his pocket when she stepped in his room, closing the door shut gently behind her, walking over and sliding onto his bed, facing him, her eyes crinkled with affection as she smiled at him, his eyebrow quirking at her.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked quietly, a boyish grin taking over his face when he retorts,

"You just did"

"Fair. But i'd like to ask another question. Just bare with me" She replies, causing the boy to nod his head, pushing his hair back when it fell in his eyes, observing her glance to his, "That's a pretty ring, a snake? I thought you were against all things snake and Slytherin"

"Reggie's a snake" He answered simply, fighting the urge to play with the ring the Slytherin girl had bought him, the older woman nodding her head in understanding though not really convinced of his answer, he knew that.

"Sirius, love, this Mallory girl.....do you think you might fancy her? Forgive me, i'm just an old woman with a lot of curiosity. Too much for my own good if i'm totally honest" She trailed off, the boy listening and pondering over her words, his heart thumping in his ears when he glanced down to his hand, furrowing his eyebrows,

"We only became friends in November well Halloween to be truthful, we've been enemies for most of four years. N-No, I don't fancy her, I-I just like being her friend. She's frustrating and incredibly moody at times to keep up with...yeah she's beautiful and all but I think lots of girls are pretty so no, I don't think I fancy Rory" He rasped out, shaking his head, the blonde haired woman humming gently, inspecting his features when he looked back up to her, a blank expression on his face.

"I always preferred when Monty called me beautiful rather than pretty. It felt different, you know? But, I believe you....you know i'm here for you always. I'm just a letter away" She sighed softly, standing up from his bed and yawning causing him to chuckle, smiling appreciatively at her, her eyes sparkling down at him as she smirked, "That's a lovely ring in your pocket too. Regulus will like it"

"Y-yeah, yeah he will" He nodded, twitching his nose, as she nodded her head, winking at him before making her way out of his room, "I'll be down in a minute"

"Okay, love" She murmured, closing the door behind her and making her way down the stairs of her manor, grinning to herself as she stepped foot in her kitchen, spying her husband with a copy of the Daily Prophet, his eyebrow quirking when she stood behind him, kissing the top of his head,