ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

"𝕹o"

"𝕹o"

"What do you mean, no?" Remus spluttered, shaking his head as the three of us sat in my corner of the library, doing our own little things, I was reading up on dark magic, Noelle was doing her potions homework and Remus was reading his muggle book.

"An act or instance of refusing or denying by the use of the word no, that's what I mean" I stated, trailing my manicured finger over the words of the book, taking in the fascinating knowledge.

"He really didn't know that definition, thanks Mal" Noelle remarked, "She just doesn't enjoy Hogsmeade, Remus, there's no point trying to persuade her to go next time" she sighed, leaning her chin on her hand, glancing over to the mousy haired boy, who gazed back for a few moments.

"But we always have an amazing time when we go" He tried again, my eyes flickering up for a few moments before I looked back down.

"Absolutely delighted for you. Perhaps you should go together next time" I hummed, hearing a deafening silence, the two probably blushing, "Ah, an eerie silence of pink blushes, my favourite kind"

"It's not silence if you talk through it" Noelle shot back, averting her eyes down and shifting uncomfortably in her seat, "You should be doing your astronomy homework"

"No"

"You struggle in astronomy?" Remus queried, my piercing gaze landing on him when I lifted my head, "You find astronomy harder than other subjects?" He rephrased when he noticed my reaction, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Every star looks the same, there's no way you can know which constellation is which, they make it up on the spot, tricking the people who don't understand and then get away with it. Liars, I tell you"

"She struggles with astronomy" Noelle concluded, chuckling as I stuck my middle finger up at her.

"I know someone who is passionate about the stars, they'll help you understand if you'd like?" He offered, quirking a brow at me as I flickered my eyes over to the window, looking over the grounds.

"Please, Mal letting someone help her? You must be an alien Remus, she won't have a tutor"

"I don't need astronomy, i'm passing i'm just not getting outstanding. I'd rather use my knowledge else where"

"Like dark magic? Sounds fantastic"

"One way to take someone down is to understand and beat them in their own game. These new 'death eaters' and dark wizard seem interested in dark magic, I'm interested in dark magic, just not the same way they are. Speaking of which, i'm putting up protective enchantments on your house in the summer" I uttered, aiming the second part to Noelle, regarding her family and her for safety.

"Thank you"

"Not going back for Christmas, Mallory?" Remus queried, noticing how I said summer rather than Christmas.