ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 77

𝕬ppreciatively, I smiled soft and private towards Sirius when he handed a cup of coffee, leaning upwards to press a friendly kiss to his jaw

From the side, I could feel my father's eyes piercing through my skull from where he was perched in one of the few single armchairs in the library, a dusty, ancient book open in his lap.

"Oh, so you're all lovey dovey and soft for him then" He states with a frown, Sirius silently lifting up my feet to sit down on the conjured up couch, allowing them to fall back down on his lap comfortably.

I point blank ignored him, taking a rather large slurp of my coffee, continuing to flick through some of the pages of my own chosen book, deciding to use this time wisely. This time, hiding away with an escaped convict mass murderer, that just so happened to be my very own flesh and blood.

We were supposed to be warm and cosy up in Monty and Mia's living room, stuffing ourselves with Christmas dinner and lazily dancing near the fireplace until our feet were sore. Maybe drinking eggnog until we couldn't taste anything else and move onto the stronger stuff. It was supposed to be my first proper Christmas with the family that willingly opened their arms for me. Instead I got my father, personally handing me the gift of an inevitable arrest and shared cell when the aurors find us.

Sirius found the tension between the father-daughter Grindelwald duo to be fairly daunting, and unsettling. If it was any other day, he was certain that his Rory would be over the moon to know she shared many aspects with her father, considering the power and control she seeks. Now, though, he wouldn't dare voice those thoughts. He's just sticking with her, keeping one eye open, hoping Gellert doesn't murder him in his sleep.

It's not exactly the standard 'meeting the father of the love of your life' whole ordeal. Not in the slightest. He feels very out of place.

He darts his pale eyes between them, Mallory refusing to meet his demanding gaze, her nose twitching and her features sharpening when he says lowly,

"Mallory, princess, you cannot ignore me forever. Whether you like it or not, you're my baby, mine, and I'm your father, you will listen to me"

An audible growl rumbled from the dark, twisted depths of my chest, glaring icily when I slowly rolled my neck and eventually my head in his direction, his eyebrows raising, looking me over, easily coming to the conclusion I was in a very bad mood. And when i'm in a bad mood, everybody knows it.

"I'm Mallory Grindelwald, i'll do what I fucking want" I huffed loudly, firmly turning away from him, Sirius' lips wiggling up into a lazy grin, grey eyes brimming with mirth and fondness despite the circumstances we seem to be stuck in. He must love being a witness to one of my moods, when they're not aimed at him.

"Strangely enough, I'm well aware of your name, considering I'm the one who gave it to you" Gellert mutters, extending his arm outwards, focusing his vision onto the baby photograph of me when the frame from the shelf flew to his grip, "I'd say you were much sweeter here, but you've always been an adorable nightmare"