ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38

𝕴 wrinkled my nose up, wiping the hair clinging to my forehead off, the rain slipping through my sleeves of my jersey and down my arm

𝕴 wrinkled my nose up, wiping the hair clinging to my forehead off, the rain slipping through my sleeves of my jersey and down my arm. It's raining. Heavily. It was light when we first started training, but now it's heavy rain, so much so, I can barely see anything around me even with my spookily clear vision. I needed this practice though, to take my anger out on the quaffle and hoops- Sirius and I had an argument again, I can't even remember why, but I haven't seen him in three days because of it. And I hated it. And I hated that I hated it because he's filled a permanent position in my life and it terrifies me how much I need him.

I've never needed anyone before. Parents, family, professors , friends, i've always been okay on my own- more than okay. I need him.

"Grindelwald! We're done, it's too dangerous!" Higgs shouted from closer to the ground, a frown on my face when I looked down to the rest of the team on the ground, apart from Regulus who was hovering near me after hearing those words.

"Mallie! Come on!" He shouted, making gestures with his hands, his curls dripping down his face, his lips parted and his chest heaving up and down, our quidditch gear heavy from the weight of the rain soaking it through.

"I'll be down in a second! I want to do one more!" I yelled back over the pounding rain, the boy giving me what looked like an unsure look, "I'm fine Regulus! I promise!"

"If you're not in the castle in half an hour I'm coming back to drag you!" He told me, before zooming down to the grounds and into the changing rooms the team had already wandered off into.

I looked up to the sky, the rain bouncing off my face, completely drenching me more through if it was all possible. Most people would say it was depressing, horrible and awful- especially with the danger, but that's what made me love it even more. The adrenaline of riding a broom is a complete rush, even more so in the pounding rain, it's almost like a call for me, the rain pleading my name. I discarded Regulus' statement, going back and forth up and down the pitch, practicing my shots, dives and tricks, not caring how slippery my hands were or how often I nearly fell from my broom, I could always accio or save myself if I needed to.

Sirius sighed, rubbing his hand over his forehead, debating with himself. He's just spoken to his brother and was informed of the Slytherin girl still out on the quidditch pitch in this hazardous yet peaceful weather. He was seeking out snowy hair and spooky eyes after not speaking to her for three days. And he hated it, avoiding her because of a petty argument he wasn't sure the cause was, he just missed her. He cursed under his breath, beginning the walk to the quidditch pitch, the raindrops immediately soaking through his hair and t-shirt causing it to cling to his skin, showing his toned chest, though his leather jacket on his arms was repelling the water, bouncing it off or letting it trickle down him.

He bit his lip arriving, standing on the grass, finding her on her broom, shooting in the hoop with one hand. She's the best quidditch player he's ever known, including James, and he was beyond amazing. He supposed it was because she had so much anger, so much to prove and he already knew she loved the adrenaline. Quidditch, riding a broom high in the sky, the risk, the danger, it was her safe haven. He blinked his eyes open despite the water falling in them, rolling down from his hair, forehead and nose.