Chapter 1: You Have to be the Protagonist's Love Rival!

"How can there be a shameless person like you in this world?" The man's eyes were enveloped with bitterness. His shirt was torn, revealing teeth marks on his neck that were faintly bleeding. "Even in my next life, let alone touching you, I will never love you!"

After he finished speaking, he barely rolled off the bed and quickly wrapped a blanket around his body. He wiped his hands on the bed sheet in disgust and added: "Because you can't even match his toe!"

Shen Jintai was dumbfounded. 'What the hell was going on?'

"Get out of here!"

Shen Jintai's mind was blank. He quickly put on his pants and grabbed a suit jacket. As soon as he opened the door, he heard the man behind him angrily said: "Wait!"

As he turned around, he was hit with a glitzy thong.

The sun outside was very dazzling. Shen Jintai blocked the sun with his hand and felt a little dizzy. Hearing a horn honking, he quickly retreated to the side of the road and squatted down by a sycamore tree.

What the fuck...

Xiao Ai: "Ding Dong! Love you, me, and him. Harmony depends on everyone. Your love advisor Xiao Ai is online!"

Shen Jintai frowned.

Xiao Ai: "Hello dear host! Congratulations on your successful entry into our harmonious love system."

What the hell?!

Xiao Ai: "I'm not a ghost. I'm a tangible benefit. It's detected that your life value has been used up. In other words, you are dead in the real world."

Shen Jintai: "..."

Wasn't it his first time being nominated for best actor? Wasn't he on his way to the awards ceremony?! He vaguely remembered. Was there an accident?

Xiao Ai: "But don't be sad, dear. You're lucky to have the opportunity to be reborn. As long as you complete the task as required, you can be reborn into a new world."

Shen Jintai: "...What task?"

Xiao Ai: "As we all know, in response to the government's call, various websites have begun to implement the "neck plan". That is, this new harmonious rule where scenes cannot be described below the neck. This new rule has little effect on the plot but has majorly impacted romance novels. From this, we have carried out a Love Harmonious action plan, urging transformation of major romance novels into career novels. A harmonious society, you, me, and him and a better future depends on everyone!"

Shen Jintai said: "...Love harmonious action?"

Xiao Ai: "Yes, we are members of the Harmonious Love System. It is our basic principle to spread harmony and reward love. Xiao Ai is here to look at your task rewards... Congratulations, dear. The reward for completing your tasks is that you'll become more beautiful and sexier. The highest level of reward you can get is to be able to live in this new world in the best possible way."

Wow.

Shen Jintai was moved.

Xiao Ai: "Okay, then Xiao Ai will help you with the first task."

Xiao Ai: "Can you hear me?"

Xiao Ai: "Alright dear, can I debrief you on your first task?"

Shen Jintai: "Okay."

Xiao Ai: "The book you are in is called <Everyone Loves Bai Yueguang*>. It's a danmei*."

*Bai Yueguang = white moonlight. This is a reference to a character from the White Rose written by Eileen Chang referring to a cherished memory of the first blush of love, pure and unsullied by reality. Basically the white moonlight can be considered "a first unblemished love". || I left it in its original Chinese because the white moonlight in the novel is also referred to as Bai Yueguang (he has a different name). Throughout the novel I'll be referring to either the person or the actual reference to "White Moonlight" depending on the context.
*Danmei = Genre of literature and other fictional media originating from China which features romantic relationships between male characters. || What you are reading right now.