Chapter 77: I also Gave you a Gift

After Yan Qiuchi took a shower, he sat on the bed and kept shaking his legs. His expression was very solemn, and his lips were tightly pursed. Shen Jintai's Harper's Bazaar magazine was still on the bedside.

The filming for The East Palace was over. The crew had given Shen Jintai a parting gift. It was live photos that were shot during the filming process. Most of them were behind-the-scenes tidbits. All the cast and crew were sent these. It could be considered a commemorative gift from the crew to the entire staff.

"Then you can send it to me." Shen Jintai said.

Li Meilan asked while she flipped through the photos: "Are you still at the Yan family mansion?"

Shen Jintai: "Yeah."

Li Meilan hung up as she turned a page. Suddenly something caught her eye. It was a photo of Shen Jintai blowing out his birthday candles. Standing next to him are directors Guo Rui, Zheng Siqi, Bai Qingquan and others. The surrounding group was full of crew members, but she saw an outstanding face in that group.

It was a person standing in the upper left corner of the photo. It was night when this photo had been taken, but the darkness from the night accentuated this person's facial features. With a tall figure that had a straight nose and fair complexion, it couldn't be anyone else than Yan Qiuchi.

Yan Qiuchi was staring at Shen Jintai with a smile on his face that Li Meilan had never seen before. It was like she was seeing a very gentle illusion.

Gentle... this shouldn't really match Yan Qiuchi. He was a person famous for being an iceberg tyrant!

She quickly flipped through the photos again. She didn't pay much attention at first when she went through it the first time as she was only focusing on Shen Jintai. This time around she started paying attention to other people and caught another photo. In its most inconspicuous corner was Yan Qiuchi. He was looking at Shen Jintai across from the crew's equipment.

Because the lens of these photos were focused on Shen Jintai, if you didn't pay attention closely, you wouldn't have noticed Yan Qiuchi. This time Li Meilan was positive. Yan Qiuchi was looking at Shen Jintai. She felt she was getting goosebumps!

What's going on?!

She took the car and drove to the Yan family mansion. When she arrived at the gate, she looked through the car window and saw an excellent-looking, tall young man standing in the shade nearby.

The car stopped in front of Shen Jintai, and Li Meilan got out: "Why did you come out?"

"Taking a walk." Shen Jintai asked: "Did you bring the photo album?"

"Brought it." Li Meilan handed it to him: "I also brought a script for a TV series. Take a look."

Shen Jintai took it. Without looking at the photo album, he took out the script and started reading it. It was called <Marriage Besieged>. He was stunned. There were very few series that focused on marriage and love themes.

Shen Jintai: "A straight marriage?"

Li Meilan nodded: "It's rare to receive such a script. We took a look and thought that it was well written. It focuses on the current situation of marriage and love among the younger generation. The director could potentially be Zhao Wentao, who often makes urban youth dramas. You can take a look first, but you don't have to accept it."

Shen Jintai felt what he has now were enough. The main reason was that his team had set a route for him to win in quality. If the project didn't have box office explosion or award-winning potential, then it was rejected.

Li Meilan felt that the dividends from <The East Palace is Coming> were enough for Shen Jintai to eat for three or four years as it was considered a masterpiece. All actors wanted to be on the big screen. With good movie resources, Shen Jintai didn't need to consider making another TV series, unless the quality was comparable to that of The East Palace.