Chapter 22: Stunning Comeback!

He loved his life and hated his death. Li Xu was a person who loves and hates very strongly, but he was very good at hiding it.

Every time Shen Jintai read the script, he would fall in love with the character a little bit more.

It was hard to land the male lead. Generally, the roles after usually weren't that great. However, if acted well, they could outshine the male lead.

The drama <The East Palace is Coming> adopted the model of filming while broadcasting. This was Shen Jintai's first time trying such a model. Looking at the schedule, the broadcast would be one month after the start of filming, which would make the time very tight.

The disadvantage of this kind of model was that if the TV series being filmed and broadcast had a low rating, it could be cut off. The advantages were that the plot and characters could be adjusted through audiences' feedback. If there were too many negative reviews, the characters that drag down the ratings too much could be remove. There were also situations where if the character became popular, a support role could replace the main protagonist.

The first 20 episodes had been finalized. Both Yang Lizhi and Bai Qingquan had requirements in their contracts. Major changes were not allowed to affect their scenes in these 20 episodes. According to screenwriter, Meng Xiaosheng, the drama was estimated to be 40 episodes.

If the ratings were strong, it wasn't impossible to extend it later. In fact, he remembered that this TV series was indeed extended, and it ended up with 46 episodes.

The 46 episode TV series was broadcast twice a week. This not only made it popular but gave it a lot of staying power. It would almost certainly be surrounded by heat for at least a year.

The next 26 episodes would really depend on fate. Of course, the main male and female protagonist were still the hero and heroine. The biggest change would be the fate of the supporting roles.

Shen Jintai was ambitious, and his ambitions did not just extend to TV series. He must not waste this chance. Whether he could turn over a new leaf or not was completely dependent on this drama that was about to set the world on fire.

The press conference was coming up, but Shen Jintai didn't have the appropriate outfit to wear. His reputation was so bad, no brand was willing to lend him one and out for fear of tarnishing their reputation. He decided he would rent an outfit from a small studio instead.

This studio specializes in serving artistes. They carried many high-end apparel in the store, but the possibility of renting something that would fit perfectly was basically 0%. Shen Jintai wasn't able to find a suitable outfit. There were very few men's clothing and most of them were previously worn by stars from the 18th-tier. Still, he thought they were passable and felt that as long as no one was specifically out to blacken him, no one would notice.

Li Meilan didn't think it would work.

"How do you know no one will blacken you? You're being a bit too nonchalant about this. You have more moonlight powder than your own family. Their power alone is enough to stab you from head to toe. In any case, you used to endorse a top luxury brand. If you wear anything that's not high-end, you'll definitely be ridiculed. This is your comeback. We can't make do with just anything."

Following her intuition as an agent, Li Meilan felt that special attention should be given to his comeback. If they weren't careful, this comeback debut could become a mockery of the entire network. She felt that on the night of Shen Jintai's comeback, no matter personal status, clothes, or shoes, she had to make sure there would be no mistakes.

Shen Jintai also agreed. He couldn't give people a feeling of exasperation, otherwise the internet public opinion will shame him to death. He decided to ask Mrs. Yan for help.