Chapter 73: Three Masters* Reunion

*Jie () = it refers to a person with outstanding talents, or who is special/more than ordinary.

After Shen Jintai finished filming <The East Palace is Coming>, he disappeared for half a month. When he later started to participate in events, most questions that were asked were related to the drama.

After the broadcast of the finale* because the knife was too deep, the ratings plummeted. It dropped for about a week before it started to pick up again.

*Clarity: I'm using the finale as the episode of Li Xu's death but it's not the final episode in the series.

"I can accept this ending myself," Shen Jintai said in an interview: "His beloved is still alive, and the world is still peaceful. He died on the prince's warm and wide back, knowing that the person he loves is still gentle and kind."

Regarding the final clip with the prince, he said: "I have communicated with Siqi. He felt that the screenwriter was kind to Li Xu, but cruel to the prince, but after he thought about it, he was able to carry the person he loves moments before his death and was able to bury him with his own hands. This kind of fate was not comforting but at least in the end, he and Li Xu were buried together so their hearts must have been at rest."

"Shen Jintai rarely expresses his opinions on his characters, and now he's speaking for the screenwriters."

"How to put it... Although this ending is sad, if Li Xu and the prince recognize each other before he died, though it would be sensational, touching, and emotional, it would be too cliché. The prince's reaction is not easy to write. But this current ending is heavy and too dog blooded. If Li Xu hadn't met the prince before he died, his death would've been more peaceful. His life was magnificent. He was loved by the East Palace, the emperor's best friend, and held the power of the world in his hands. The life and death of people who are ambiguous in black and white should be tragic. I can't think of a more unconventional ending than this. Meng Xiaosheng is very powerful. She really loves Shen Jintai, right? After Li Xu died, Shen Jintai was fulfilled."

"Shen Jintai is really good at talking. He said that the person he loves is still gentle and kind. This sentence is so poking."

"Yes, when no one is willing to help, his royal highness the prince resolutely extended a helping hand. This was destiny, and it also shows that he has always been a kind and gentle person from the start. Li Xu loves him. Isn't this love like the love between a red rose and a white rose."

"I was looking forward to the blackening of the prince, but then I changed my mind and thought, maybe it would be the best for Jintai Qiongying to keep its original intention. Although he has been unrecognizable from the inside out, the person he loves is still the same as before."

"Reading what you wrote, I'm going to cry again. In short, it's hard to make peace."

"Will the extra part film Zhou Cong's death? I want to see him die."

"The extra parts must have Zheng Siqi play the three emperors and Shen Jintai as Chang'an. Then show the peerless love between the emperor and eunuch to make up for the trauma in my heart. I can give the drama a high score again."

"Before the finale, Chang'an's blackened eyes were really good. Seeing the death of his favorite person is so tragic. It's normal to blacken. Hurry and abuse that bastard Zhou Cong to death!"

"Are they really shooting extras?"

"The drama is so popular, and the ending is so controversial. I think it will definitely be filmed, and the ratings aren't bad."