Chapter 12: Moving in With the In-Laws

"Touhua is in a new relationship? Does anyone have the scoop?"

"He's really going to me a comeback, right? There's been a lot of hype recently."

"Isn't his family bankrupt? How does he still have so much money to buy hot searches!"

"Although Touhua has been out of the circle for many years, that demonic physique has not changed. Bloody winds about to enter the circle!"

"The old cow eats tender grass*. I think the fresh meat is very handsome!"

*The old cow eats tender grass = idiom that means an amorous relationship between two people with considerable age difference (AKA A May-December romance).

"Shen Touhua is only in his early twenties. What do you mean, an old cow eats tender grass!"

"Touhua is only 20???!"

"Damn, Shen Jintai is only 20. He hasn't been around for a long time."

"He was only 18 when he debuted! The benefits of debuting young."

"I envy it*."

*I admire it (慕了慕了) = slang when translated is "I admire it." It means they actually envy it. I decided to use the meaning of the slang than the actual translation.

"Am I the only one who thinks that Shen Jintai's personality is very interesting? At the peak of the entertainment industry, he retired for love, and after suffering from emotional injuries, he repented and is trying to make a comeback. Such a good subject matter, LJJ* authors must have written it!"

*LJJ (green Jinjiang) = . It's where this novel is posted/published. The author is kinda poking fun at himself because yes, he did come up with this kind of plot... we're reading it.

"It's the first time I've seen someone talk about such stupidity in such a fresh and refined tone. There is gold powder upstairs, ha ha ha ha."

"Let me just say that gold powders have been resurrected. Touhua used to be ridiculed by groups in your area. Recent posts have people speaking up for him. At first glance, it looks like an empty bottle*!"

*Empty bottle = fan control. It means fans will work together to control the posted content to promote praises for their celebrity so only positive comments are at the top while burying negative comments or causing the user to delete them.

"Although Touhua's love history is ridiculed in your area, I guess I'm the only one who likes this particular type of messy romance. Now he's washing the tattoo and starting a new affair! The love between the infatuated star and the iceberg CEO has shattered. I'm crying!"

"I'm on the hot search again." Shen Jintai called Li Meilan: "I swear, I really didn't mean to do it this time."

She felt she had underestimated his popularity. This flow* felt even better than Bai Qingquan's. He was truly an idol!

*Network traffic/stream/flow (流量) = refers to popularity.

Li Meilan woke him up with a single sentence: "Zheng Siqi and his company should have bought this for him, right?"

Shen Jintai suddenly came to a realization. This hot search should have been bought by someone. Since he didn't do it, the only other person who would benefit from it would be Zheng Siqi, but buying this kind of hot search was very dangerous, especially since it was an implication that showed him hooking up with a gay guy before his debut.

He went to find out the company behind Zheng Siqi. His search resulted in Monsoon Entertainment, which sounded familiar to him. It was the company ran by Yan Qiuchi's arch-rival!