Chapter 5: His Fans Have Returned!

Yan Qiuchi stood behind the floor-to-ceiling windows and casted his gaze below.

Gao Qiao said while scanning Weibo: “What the hell is Shen Jintai doing?!”

“He really… gave up?” Xiao Yang asked.

Yan Qiuchi didn’t speak, but stood in front of the window watching Shen Jintai get in the car and drove off.

He recalled the scene that happened earlier when Shen Jintai looked back at him and said: “Then it’s just as you wish.” His tone was firm, and his eyes were clear.

“What did you want to tell me just now?” He turned around and asked Gao Qiao.

Gao Qiao quickly put down the phone: “Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you. I just went out to buy coffee and ran into Shen Jintai and Li Meilan. As a result, I heard him say…”

Xiao Yang impatiently said: “Can you just spit it out.”

Gao Qiao: “He seems to be planning to make a move on Bai Qingquan. He wants to pursue Bai Qingquan and said…that Bai Qingquan is much better than the boss…”

“Holy shit.” Xiao Yang said: “What kind of ridiculous trick is this.”

“Didn’t he hate Bai Qingquan the most? How many times has he stepped on him by slandering him in the past? Is this some kind of diversion to deliberately arouse the boss?” Gao Qiao said: “As if Bai Qingquan would even look at him. If nothing else, the moonlight powder* will tear him apart. It’s like a toad wanting to eat swan meat*!”

*Moonlight Powder = As a reminder referring to Bai Qingquan’s fans.

*Idiom that refers to wishful thinking or unrealistic aspirations.

How shocking!

Bai Qingquan was the most profitable artist of Sunshine Media while Shen Jintai was still struggling.

Bai Qingquan planned to appear on the hot search today.

He took the little fairy route, so he didn’t dispute it when he was referred to as the white moonlight. These days eight out of ten hot searches were usually bought with money. At the lowest level, one could buy it at one’s own expense creating a fake hot search. While netizens couldn’t tell, people in the circle would immediately recognize that the search was bought.

Alternatively, one could find a marketing account* to push a topic, and then rely on fans to create a commotion causing it to become a hot search.

*Marketing account = public accounts on social networking platforms that create or collect content about every hot topic and event all over the Internet. Many contents from them are untrue and unreliable.

People like Bai Yueguang tends to have neither hot spots* or black spots*. His hot searches were usually bought and only when it was related to his current work making netizen quite amiable to them.

*Hot spots = high interest material.
*Black spots = like hot spots but is negative material (scandals).

Today, the makeup photo* of his performance in <The East Palace is Coming> was announced, and Wei Ge bought a hot search for him. Probably because he hadn’t shown up for a long time, relying on his fan injected with chicken blood*, his hot search shot straight to second place.

*Makeup photo/set photo = photo take by an actor to play a certain role after being dressed up.
*Chicken blood (鸡血就) = internet slang to mean that someone is crazy or obsessed about something or an idol. It could means making someone very excited (inject chicken blood).