Chapter 26: Jintai's Scenes

"Who changed my clothes last night?" Shen Jintai asked.

Wasn't it Yan Qiuchi?

"You're having wishful thoughts again?" Li Meilan said. "I didn't know if there was vomit on your clothes, so I asked Xiao Tang to help me."

Xiao Tang said, "I only took off your outer wear. I didn't touch your underwear!" He was pretty shocked when he saw Shen Jintai's ass while he was changing his clothes.

Shen Jintai said, "I will never drink alcohol again."

"If you want to mix in this circle, it's impossible to not drink. Just drink a little less in the future. How much did you drink that it got to be this bad? It's been years since I've seen you like this." Li Meilan threw the clothes she was carrying at him. "Hurry up and get dressed and get ready to go. The filming starts today. You need to get acquainted with the studio's environment."

Most scenes in <The East Palace is Coming> were filmed in a studio. The crew had built many palace buildings that Shen Jintai hadn't seen yet.

Because of his hangover, Shen Jintai ate very little of his breakfast that Xiao Tang brought. He quickly changed his clothes and was about to leave when there was a knock at the door. Xiao Tang opened the door to see Gao Qiao with a cold face followed by a young man.

As soon as Shen Jintai saw the person behind him, his expression became dark.

"President Yan asked me to bring him over to apologize for last night," Gao Qiao said.

Qian Jiashu entered the room. His face was flushed. "I really didn't do anything. I saw that he was drunk and wanted to help him."

"Didn't do anything? You need me to show you the surveillance footage again?" Gao Qiao sneered.

Qian Jiashu looked at Shen Jintai. "I'm sorry, I... I really didn't want to do anything to you."

Shen Jintai complexion looked a little haggard, but his eyes were sharp. "Are you a fan of mine?"

Qian Jiashu nodded. He truly was a big fan of Shen Jintai.

"Then I'm ashamed to have a fan like you," Shen Jintai said. "You think I was born yesterday? What you intended to do, you think that I couldn't tell?"

Qian Jiashu didn't seem to have slept much all night. He had given up his sophistry. He lowered his head in embarrassment and said, "Yes... I'm sorry."

"If you like me, you can chase me. I may not like you back, but at least I'll respect you. What you did was despicable. When a man does this, he's considered scum."

"I just like you so much, I..."

"It's a beautiful thing to like someone, so don't defile that word," Shen Jintai said. "I won't report you but I hope I won't see you again in the future."

For a fan, there was nothing more damaging to their self-esteem than an idol's disgust. Qian Jiashu flushed with embarrassment as he glanced at Gao Qiao. Gao Qiao didn't say anything so he quietly slipped away like a mouse.

"Can you thank President Yan for me?" Shen Jintai said to Gao Qiao.

"President Yan said that he would do the same for others." Gao Qiao remained expressionless. "He didn't cause any real harm yesterday and he's also a public figure. If he makes a big noise, it'll have a bad impact on him, so this matter can be considered settled. You won't have to worry. President Yan has talked to him, and he will not step out of line in the future."

Shen Jintai nodded.

Li Meilan and Xiao Tang were completely lost standing nearby. They had no idea what was going on. They were about grab Shen Jintai's arm and ask when Gao Qiao, who was walking to the door, paused and turned around: "I have a few things I wanted to say myself, Mr. Shen."