Chapter 100: Is Yan Qiuchi Being Coquettish?

"Are those people gone?" Shen Jintai asked while eating.

Xiao Tang said: "Some are. The others are still sitting in the hall."

"Why don't I post on Weibo to appeal," Shen Jintai said: "I don't know how long they'll stay there."

"They'll disperse in the evening. Sleeping is not allowed in the hall." Li Meilan said: "I'm worried about another thing."

Shen Jintai: "What?"

Li Meilan: "Do you think they know President Yan?"

Shen Jintai was stunned.

Li Meilan said: "If they catch President Yan and you appearing in the same hotel, I don't know what will happen. These people are crazier than your ordinary fans. They might really lose their mind if they know about this."

"It's okay. I'm not afraid of shadows." Shen Jintai said heartbrokenly.

"You can't underestimate the power of rumors, especially that you're now reddish purple*. Every move will detonate the Internet." Li Meilan pushed up her glasses: "In fact, President Yan is a really good person. What I'm worried about is your fans acceptance of your relationship with him. When we made our comeback, we took the route of rebirth of the Phoenix. The fans you lost in the past have now come back. A large part of why they left was because of Yan Qiuchi. Although this old relationship has already been uncovered and published, there's still a lingering shadow on your fans. It's okay to fall in love but not with him. The fans definitely won't be able to accept it. When the time comes your image will collapse and I'm afraid the backlash will be even more severe than previous. The fans will feel you have deceived them. It's then not just an issue of them stop being your fans."

*Reddish purple (红的发紫) = describes someone who is extremely trusted, valued, like the sun in the sky. In ancient times it refers to someone who was favored by the emperor.

Shen Jintai nodded solemnly: "Don't worry. I don't have any thoughts about him in my heart. It is impossible for old feelings to rekindle. I believe that as long as I have a resolute attitude, I will not break through even if there are rumors."

Li Meilan: "Unless..."

Shen Jintai: "Unless what?"

Li Meilan smiled and said: "Unless the fans also see President Yan's face is really fragrant*. He commences the chasing game with you, and he chases you like you chased him the past. He keeps chasing and you keep rejecting. With enough abuse, it will soften the public's heart and they will consider pitying him."

*Reminder: fragrant (真香) – Slang that means vowing not to do something but did it in the end.
*Clarity: in this context it she's saying if the fans can see Yan Qiuchi did a 360 and now begging for forgiveness and chasing Shen Jintai madly, they might forgive him.

Shen Jintai smiled: "Do you think this situation is possible? Is Yan Qiuchi the kind of person who would pursue other so frantically?"

Li Meilan replied: "Originally, I thought it was impossible, but then Yan Qiuchi actually fell in love with you, so what else is impossible in this world?" She then flashed a smile at him.

Shen Jintai laughed, lowered his head, and flipped through the magazine in his hand: "Forget it. I can't afford it."

He hoped that Yan Qiuchi would give up and that they will return to their previous harmonious and distant relationship. There is only one bond between them, and that was Mrs. Yan. Because they both love this same woman, he will continue to make contact with each other, but that's all.

Your Rival in Love Gets Prettier Every DayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara