Chapter 89: To Get Him

"We saved some breakfast for you," Shen Jintai said to Yan Qiuchi after he went up: "There are buns, porridge, and soymilk fritters."

"I have no appetite." Yan Qiuchi said: "You worked hard yesterday."

"Actually, I didn't help much." Shen Jintai said: "It's just that Auntie Fang was worried about you, so drink less in the future."

"I was talking to him about that just now. What are you doing drinking so much alcohol outside by yourself?" Mrs. Yan said.

She just seized the opportunity and hurriedly asked Yan Qiuchi about the situation last night, but she didn't expect him to say that nothing happened.

Such a good opportunity was wasted. However, she didn't believe Yan Qiuchi's words. According to her son's temperament, even if something happened, he probably wouldn't say it. Yan Qiuchi was quite conservative in this regard, and their mother-son relationship had not reached the point where they can talk about everything.

Shen Jintai went to Yan Qiuchi's room to get his blanket. He saw that it had been neatly folded and Yan Qiuchi's bed was cleaned and tidy.

Yan Qiuchi followed him in and asked: "Didn't you use the hotel blanket?"

Shen Jintai: "No, I brought this one myself to sleep more comfortably."

Usually, he would use the sheets and blankets provided by the hotels. This time, because he had to stay for a long time, he brought his own blanket. He felt it was cleaner.

Shen Jintai picked up his blanket and said: "Do you remember being drunk yesterday?"

Yan Qiuchi said: "I remember vaguely."

Shen Jintai laughed: "You are quite clingy when you are drunk."

Yan Qiuchi: "Did I bother you?"

Shen Jintai said: "No, but I was worried. I was afraid that when you wake up and see me lying next to you, you would think that I was harassing you. Don't worry. I was very upright last night. I did sleep in the same bed with you without your consent though. I hope you don't mind."

Shen Jintai was obviously joking around causing Yan Qiuchi to smile faintly: "I don't mind."

When Shen Jintai was about to leave, Yan Qiuchi shouted: "Jintai."

"Hmm?" Shen Jintai turned his head.

Yan Qiuchi: "You often tell me that you are different from before, so I can rest assured... In fact, I also want to tell you that I have seen your changes with my very own eyes. My attitude towards you... is also changing. I now think... you are good, truly."

He felt that it was necessary for him to talk to Shen Jintai about this, although this topic was a bit embarrassing for them both. But every time Shen Jintai made such half-truths about himself, he worried that Shen Jintai thought he was still stuck in the past and still hated him. He wanted Shen Jintai to know that they all changed. He won't mind or worry about being harassed. Truthfully, he would even welcome it.

Shen Jintai wasn't sure if it was because of the sun was affecting his mood, but it seems that their relationship had improved. He felt that when Yan Qiuchi looks at him it seems to be different from before. It was very bright and focused. He couldn't help but smile, feeling a bit moved. Everyone has now seen his changes. The clothes he had stripped in front of Yan Qiuchi are slowly being put back on one by one.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. The door wasn't locked and immediately opened after the knock. Shen Jintai saw it was Yan Qiuchi's assistant, Fang Yun.