Chapter 110: Prince Yan's Statement!

Yan Qiuchi once pessimistically believed that his hope of being with Shen Jintai was slim. He was unwilling to give up on this but if he continues to chase, Shen Jintai will alienate him, and they won't even be able to be friends. Being repeatedly rejected, yet still stalking, it would be no different from what Shen Jintai did in the past. He didn't want Shen Jintai to be disgusted by him.

You must first love yourself before you can love another. Therefore, those who are in an unrequited love cannot rely on the enthusiasm of their brains to keep chasing their target. They require means and wisdom. At no point should they allow themselves to be consumed by their selfish desire and cause the suffering to others.

The appearance of the lunatic Xiao Qi gave him a solution. This was a way for him to satisfy his own selfish needs without harming Shen Jintai. He'll whiten Shen Jintai and let the gold powder raise Shen Jintai up. He was the cause of Shen Jintai's black history so he will be the solution to resolve it.

But Xiao Qi couldn't be left to her own devices. Her ultimate goal was to hurt Shen Jintai so there would be problems providing passive guidance. Sure, he could wait until Xiao Qi strike at Shen Jintai's most critical moment and then he could appear, as the hero, and save Shen Jintai from this, and increase his favorability. But this would mean that there would be a bad impact on Shen Jintai, even if the impact would only last a few hours, he didn't want to do this as he didn't want Shen Jintai to suffer any damages.

Therefore, as the one who held the most power, he choose to do what he could and deal with it in a concise manner.

Killing and punishing the heart*, this is his treatment of Xiao Qi. When he saw that she was about to accomplish what she set out to do, when she was at her happiest, he let her fail. Her last ditch effort in the end resulted in whitewashing the person she intended to harm.

*Killing and punishing the heart (杀人诛心) = idiom which mean it is better to expose and condemn the motives, thoughts, and intentions of such a person to destroy a person's body. From "The Book of the Later Han: The Biography of Huo Xu".

"I didn't force you, did I?" Yan Qiuchi asked Xiao Qi.

Xiao Qi shook her head: "No... No."

Yan Qiuchi stood in the night and looked at her coldly: "Shen Jintai is someone I like. If you touch him, it is more serious than touching me. Understand?"

Xiao Qi: "I understand... I understand."

Why? Why? Why would such an excellent male god fall for someone like Shen Jintai?!

She is so jealous, uncomfortable, and angry, but was helpless and scared. If she wasn't obedient, only death would await her!

On a well-known entertainment forum. Looking at the top ten post, six of them were all related to Shen Jintai.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

"Ahhhhhhhhhh, sister upstairs, I understand you!"

"Black question mark face, can anyone explain what happened?"

"Go and see the number one hot search. Touhua is bursting from a new relationship!"

"I can't read it now. Weibo has collapsed. The screenshot is here!"

"Holy shit. Prince Yan. Was it that Prince Yan who refused Shen Jintai at first? Yan Qiuchi?"

"If it's not him then who else could it be? My god! This is more explosive than a simple romance!"

"I went to read about it. I think it's a bit far-fetched. It's all based on a few photos and a video. The rest are all text someone made up. No matter how you look at it, it's fake. This is even more fake than the BaiJin affair."