Chapter 106: Ambiguous

Yan Qiuchi was both excited and nervous. It showed slightly on his face as he walked to the dining table and sat down.

"There was no traffic jam on the road, right?" Mrs. Yan asked Shen Jintai with a smile.

"The side on the old temple is still blocked. It's much better after crossing the bridge." Shen Jintai said.

"Where did you film today?" Yan Qiuchi asked.

"On the other side of Chang'an Road in the old city." Shen Jintai glanced at Yan Qiuchi. He wasn't sure why, but he felt embarrassed looking at him but maintain his direct gaze at Yan Qiuchi in a calm manner. Yan Qiuchi had returned his look for a few seconds before he lowered his eyelids slightly and touched the teacup in front of him.

Shen Jintai sighed in his heart. A gong is a gong. For a peerless gong in a danmei novel, there shouldn't be the word "shou" in his dictionary. Despite Yan Qiuchi's obvious shyness that couldn't bear the sprouting of spring, it didn't make him seem like a shou at all. He was sitting there with a straight back and his handsome face unmoving showing off the rough edges and corners. He grabbed a glass of water and raised his head to look at Shen Jintai again. The moment their eyes connected, Shen Jintai titled his head slightly to look at Mrs. Yan. Yan Qiuchi only saw Shen Jintai's fair neck and his adam's apple that was slightly bobbing. His side face was so handsome that it looked like a painting.

He felt that every time he sees Shen Jintai he becomes better looking. His hair was jet black and thick. His skin was fair. His lips were rosy. His fingers were slender and daintily as they rested on the transparent cup of water showing off neatly trimmed fingernails.

"When will you finish filming this movie?" Mrs. Yan asked.

"At the end of November." Shen Jintai said: "Urban romance films are easier to shoot so I'll finish in November given that there's no issues."

Mrs. Yan: "I heard that the director of your movie is a new director. He used to shoot commercials?"

Shen Jintai nodded: "He, like Director Guo, is from a cinephotography background, and his shots are particularly beautiful."

Sun Sihai was famous for making commercials. <When You're Older> was his first movie. The advantage of working with a newcomer director is that he had a humble style. He would discuss with the actors on how to act and how he would shoot them, taking a very cautious approach to filming this movie. In addition, among the people who participated in its creation, there were many gay people.

One such person was the screen writer, Song Chenchen. His script was delicate. The director strictly adhered to the script, so the filming process was very delicate as well. For instance, the last set of shots that Shen Jintai filmed today were back shots of Yu Nuo and Luo Wensheng walking together. The camera was zoomed in to show close-ups of their backs and it was taken more than a dozen times.

The plot is the art of the screenwriter, while Sun Sihai focused on polishing the details. He especially loves filming the small details like fingers touching affectionately and the slightly sliding throat. Sometimes he would even add in shadows to create a better ambiance. Shen Jintai thought his skills was astounding and he would make great achievements in the future*.

*Clarity: he's saying that as the screenwriter, Song Chenchen focuses on writing the plot. Sun Sihai as the director is more focused on the polishing up the plot by filming the smaller details that you can't really visualize from just words. In this way it enhances the plot.

Bai Qingquan had told him that it was his first time filming a movie and that after this, he didn't want to go back to filming TV dramas anymore. The feel was completely different between the two.