Chapter 32: Face Slapping

After hanging up on a call, Yan Qiuchi was about to call Yan Yaoxuan. He felt uneasy. Despite being strict with Yan Yaoxuan, he actually loves his younger brother very much.

Yan Yaoxuan was a few years younger than him, but he had always been taken care of by his older brother since he was a child. Due to stern management and good protection by Yan Qiuchi, Yan Yaoxuan developed no bad habits, but he became a bit silly and naïve.

He had always been a fan of Shen Jintai and it would be too easy for Shen Jintai to take advantage of him. Yan Qiuchi knew Yan Yaoxuan was an adult now and should have his own social rights, but his constant pining was indeed inappropriate.

As he was hesitating whether he should call Yan Yaoxuan, Gao Qiao name appeared on his phone.

"President Yan!" Gao Qiao said anxiously.

Yan Qiuchi replied with a "Nn".

"I just saw Yaoxuan drunk and being helped upstairs by Shen Jintai. It seems they had gone to his room."

After speaking, Gao Qiao held his breath. He didn't sense any reaction from President Yan. He only got the usual response, "I see." and he hung up the call.

Yan Yaoxuan was drunk?

His younger brother had been drinking thousands of glasses since he was a child. He was best at holding his liquor. It was himself who had the poorest ability to hold his liquor in the family. Under normal circumstances, it would be impossible for Yan Yaoxuan to be drunk. Unless there was some deliberate attempt.

Yan Qiuchi immediately picked up his coat and went out. Fortunately, he wasn't staying at home today. It took about 20 minutes by car from his hotel to where the hotel the crew was located. On his way there, he dialed Yan Yaoxuan's number. He heard standard female voice on the phone saying, "The number you dialed has been turned off."

......

What was Shen Jintai planning?! You couldn't blame him for thinking too much. The sudden change in Shen Jintai's personality couldn't reverse the inherent image that he left all these past years.

"Drive faster." Yan Qiuchi said lightly to the driver.

Shen Jintai put Yan Yaoxuan down on the sofa with the help of the hotel clerk. After sending away the handsome clerk, he went to pick up a glass of hot water, sat down by the sofa and patted Yan Yaoxuan. "Are you thirsty? Would you like a glass of water?"

Yan Yaoxuan laid motionless on the sofa. His usually combed back hair fell loose making his handsome face look even more childish as he slept. Although they were brothers, he and Yan Qiuchi were completely two different types.

The young man was barely twenty.

Shen Jintai drank the glass of water by himself. The sound of swallowing was obvious in the silent room.

Yan Yaoxuan's heart beat faster.

What are you going to do?! Why are you so unlucky running into Gao Qiao! God help me!

He would have to go abroad in a few days. There wasn't much time left.

Yan Qiuchi's mandatory order gave him the courage to desperately break the cauldron and sink the boat*.

*(破釜沉舟) = Idiom refers to desperate determination. It's a metaphor for not leaving a way out of doing things decisively. It derives from the historical records: The Benji of Xiang Yu.
*Benji of Xiang Yu: (for those who are interested) is the story where Xiang Yu ordered to break the pot and scuttle the boats so the soldiers he led could not retreat from the Battle of the Giant Deer.