Chapter 20: Compared with Yan Qiuchi

After a busy day, the final reading session was over. Shen Jintai was exhausted both physically and mentally that he fell asleep while sitting in the car.

The sky had dimmed as summer was ending and the twilight revealed the first signs of fall. On the western sky were dark purple clouds, and a bit of golden leaves were about to fade. Shen Jintai leaned back in his chair letting the wind blow in from the car window. The hair on his forehead brushed against his eyes making him feel slightly itchy, yet he still felt serene.

"If you live in the Yan's Mansion, do you run into Yan Qiuchi?" Li Meilan asked.

"Occasionally." Shen Jintai said weakly.

Li Meilan: "Not excited?"

"Excited..." Shen Jintai said: "If your heart doesn't move, then you won't die*."

*It means to stop thinking about it.

Xiao Tang laughed.

Li Meilan also smiled and said, "honestly, your family's financial situation is so bad now, and my family's situation isn't that great either. I have two children. We both need to make money so that I can buy milk powder. Let's work hard. Don't think about Yan Qiuchi. If he could like you, he would've liked you a long time ago."

Shen Jintai felt a twinge of sadness hearing those words. Perhaps he was just too tired and the weariness softened his heart. He gave an "Un" and said, "don't worry anymore. The Shen Jintai, who was chasing after his ass is already dead."

Li Meilan glanced back at him with a slightly surprised and pained expression. "You're only twenty years old. Still very young. There'll be tons of good men that'll be vying for you in the future. At such a good age now, no need to struggle only to meet disappointment."

Yes. Twenty was really the best age in life. God wanted him to be the best of all men. The brightest star.

Li Meilan felt that Shen Jintai was very strange today. However, looking closely, Shen Jintai was still Shen Jintai. People say that experiencing emotional pain allowed people to mature quickly. This seemed to be the case. Shen Jintai had become more serious. He went into bankruptcy and experienced heartache, falling from heaven into the depths of hell.

"What do you think is the difference between me and Yan Qiuchi?" Shen Jintai suddenly asked.

"Why are you comparing yourself with him?"

"Only when you find a gap can you make progress." Shen Jintai leaned over. "I know that he is an excellent person. It'll be more exciting and motivating if I made him my goal*! From a woman's point of view, where am I worse than him?"

*Clarity: Goal is referring to becoming more like Yan Qiuchi, not to achieve in getting him.

"Do you really want to compare?" Li Meilan said half-jokingly and half-embossed. "There's a big difference between the two of you."

"Don't be afraid of hurting my feelings. Just say it."

Li Meilan unscrewed a bottle of mineral water, took a few sips, then said, "the relationship between you and Yan Qiuchi is rocky. As your agent, I should be on your side. But, in all honesty, a man like Yan Qiuchi is first-rate. I can understand why you like him."

She glanced back at Shen Jintai, and Shen Jintai encouraged her, "go on."

"Just look at his family background. It's one of the country's wealthiest family. There isn't anyone who doesn't know who his father, Yan Tiefeng, is. His mother, Fang Fengmei, family's background is something that ordinary people like us can't even talk about. Not only that, Yan Qiuchi graduated from the top school in the country. In just a few years, he was able to establish Sunshine Media and made it into a powerhouse of the entertainment industry. I heard that if <The East Palace is Coming>'s earnings are good, Sunshine Media will go public*. And then there's his looks. Don't you just love his face? He's tall, strong, and handsome. Truly worthy of a top-notch master in both hardware and software."