Chapter 61: Birthday Gift

Shen Jintai had been in several magazines before. Nowadays, his face could be seen wherever magazines were sold. Yan Yaoxuan stood in front of the newsstand, picked up two copies, and asked the owner, "How much?"

Yan Yaoxuan didn't plan to return for the New Year's this year. He felt that if he returned to China, he wouldn't be able resist seeing Shen Jintai. He shouldn't even bother thinking about his secret love. After his confession had failed, he didn't even know how to face him.

For someone like him who had been abroad, he felt that everything had turned upside down in just half a year. When he came out of the airport, he saw Shen Jintai's huge phone endorsement poster. Shen Jintai had a bright smile that exuded confidence. Yan Yaoxuan felt like he look familiar yet unfamiliar. The instant he saw the poster, he felt his heart had revived.

Many of Shen Jintai's endorsements were big brands that were widely distributed everywhere, especially in city center. Billboards all over plastered his endorsements during New Year's when there was a large flow of people. Yan Yaoxuan was sitting in the car as he gazed through the car window. He saw another Shen Jintai's ad on the big screen that had his charming smile and gorgeous eyes. He looked down at his phone again. His screensaver was still the picture he took when he went abroad.

No news was leaked from Shen Jintai's Haper's Bazaar shot. It was announced directly without any advance notice. Relying on Shen Jintai's current strong popularity, sales for the magazine was sold out in seconds.

Fang Yun originally wanted to buy one but wasn't able. She was so annoyed she yelled "Ahh" then quickly covered her mouth and secretly glanced at Yan Qiuchi's office. She saw there was no movement inside and breathed out a sigh of relief.

Taking advantage that the day wasn't busy, she hurriedly contacted her friends in her media circle: [Who has the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar? I'm buying at a high price!]

As soon as she sent her text, she heard sounds of heavy footsteps. She immediately stood up and saw several company executives open the door and walked out of President Yan's office. It was near the end of the year so their company had been extremely busy. The senior executives were in meetings all day long.

Thankfully, due to the high returns of <The East Palace is Coming>, Sunshine Media had over accomplished their goal so the atmosphere for these meetings was relatively relaxed. The executives were all talking happily and laughing as they walked out.

Eventually, Yan Qiuchi came out with his coat on. Fang Yun thought she'll be able to get off work early today.

Fang Yun: "President Yan."

Yan Qiuchi nodded, walked in front of her, took two steps, then turned around and asked: "What gifts do you usually give to your friends for their birthdays?"

Fang Yun was stunned and immediately: "Tell me the general situation, and I will go and help you prepare one." People like Yan Qiuchi normally don't buy gifts on their own. This job was usually handed to their assistants. If it was an ordinary business partner, a lower assistant could handle the task. If it was someone more important, she or Gao Qiao would personally step in.

Yan Qiuchi replied: "No. I will buy it myself."

Fang Yun was stunned again when she heard this. She asked: "Male or female?"

Yan Qiuchi: "Male friend."

Fang Yun raised her head and stared at Yan Qiuchi: "What's their age and their profession?"

Yan Qiuchi: "Twenties. Actor."

Fang Yun's heart jumped wildly. She had a guess as to who this person was, but she couldn't believe it. Is it him? Could it really be?! The gossip in her heart was about to erupt. She coughed lightly and avoided her boss's gaze and said: "How's the relationship between the two of you?"