Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader Imagine - Call My Bluff

The clamor of students talking and plastic trays slamming against particle board filled your ears. Lunchtime was always a welcome reprieve from your boring fourth-period chem class, and you sighed as you entered the busy room. Each table was designated for each clique. The math geeks sat closest to the door. The band geeks sat near the middle of the room. And all the way in the back was where you sat. Your eyes fell on the table just as Eddie climbed on top of the table and began calling out groups one by one. A smile pulled at your lips as you made your way toward him and the rest of the Hellfire boys.

You and Eddie had been friends since you were children. You could never forget the day your unlikely friendship began. One day in third grade, a group of older boys was pushing you around on the playground when Eddie approached them. He was so much shorter than them, but he still puffed his chest out and said with so much conviction you could feel it in your soul, "If you keep messing with her, I'm gonna kick all of your asses." The older boys stopped messing with you. But then they turned their tyrannical attention onto Eddie. You remember them calling his bluff, and when he began to backpedal, they proceeded to kick his ass instead of the other way around. When they left, you walked up to him and offered him a helping hand. The moment your palms touched was the beginning of your friendship and the start of your crush on Eddie Munson.

From that day forward, you found it incredibly entertaining to call Eddie's bluff and egg him on when he started acting big and bad. One time when you were ten, Eddie said he could totally climb this big ass tree. So, naturally, you told him to do it. When he started to deflect, you egged him on until he finally did it. Eddie ended up in a cast for the remainder of your fourth-grade year. Another time, when you were thirteen, Eddie swore he could totally walk into the local bar and order a drink. Again, you told him to do it, but as per usual, he grew nervous and tried to back out. So, you egged him on for five minutes before he finally trotted into the bar and did it. Well, needless to say, that was the day Eddie got banned from a bar at the age of thirteen.

As you navigated through the crowded lunchroom, you chuckled at the memories until you finally made it to the table. When you took your seat next to Eddie, everyone was discussing the current D&D campaign. All but Eddie. You followed his gaze to a couple in the corner of the lunchroom, nearly swallowing one another's faces. Your eyebrows furrowed, but before you got the chance to ask what his problem was, Eddie slammed his hands onto the table. You jumped as you moved to meet his gaze.

"Look at that," he said, pointing to the couple, "we get a bad rep for playing a game, but these prissy little rich kids can practically be undressing each other in public, and it's totally fine." Eddie threw his arms into the air, "I mean, who does that!? It's like watching two suckerfish fighting for dominance. They're in the middle of the cafeteria, for Christ's sake!" He cupped his hands over his mouth and faced the couple.

"Get a room you, two heathens!" He shouted, earning a dirty look and a middle finger from the two teens. The group of boys at the table laughed at Eddie's outburst. Normally, you would have done the same, but you decided on doing something much more amusing. You let out a long dramatic sigh, gaining the attention of everyone at the table. You looked directly at Eddie. His signature smirk was playing on his lips and wreaking havoc on your heart.

"I think you're just jealous," you said. At your words, Eddie's smile fell and was replaced with a look of disbelief.

"Of what?" he asked, exasperated by your statement, "Not having my soul sucked out of my body by some chick? No, I'm not jealous." You did your best to control the grin that was trying hard to break free.

"I think you're jealous because you don't have a girlfriend."

Eddie's eyes lit up at that word, and he paused, his eyes still trained on you. You could feel your cheeks warming under his stare, but you couldn't find it in you to peel your eyes away. It felt like minutes before you and Eddie finally snapped back to reality. Eddie squared his shoulders.