Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader ~ The Yuletide Bluff

*I DO NOT OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

Word Count: 3.3k

Warnings: Mild language 

a/n: Well, it has definitely been a while since I've written anything.  I really hope you all enjoy this, and I'm sure you will notice that I gave myself some room to either write another part or leave it where it ended.  Let me know what you all think!

§

Sunday evenings used to be your favorite thing in the world. You loved having your family gather for dinner at your house. Your mom and aunts would be busy in the kitchen, hands at work creating a delicious meal while your uncles and dad sat in the living room watching ESPN, beers in hand. Your baby cousins would be running around squealing as they played, and your older cousins would just sit and watch before being elicited to help in the kitchen. It was totally and wonderfully normal and something you could never get enough of. That is until you started your senior year of high school.

It wasn't bad in the beginning. Your mom and aunts would ask if you had a crush on anyone here and there, and that would be it. But the farther into your senior year you got, those innocent questions turned into badgering from every female member of your family.

"You're graduating soon," your aunt would say, giving you a pitiful look. "Don't you want to begin adulthood with that special someone?"

"Your cousin Adriana has had a boyfriend since sophomore year, you know?" Another Aunt would say as if it were some sort of backhanded comment.

It was now the first week of December, nearly halfway through your senior year, and they hadn't let up. So, when the hordes of your family began to file into your house while you were perched on one of the bar stools in your kitchen, you couldn't help the way your molars ground down. You gave everyone a halfhearted smile and kiss on the cheek as they made their way to their usual places.

For the first hour or so, no one bothered you. You were able to comfortably sit at the bar, listening to the radio lull over the conversation filling the kitchen. It wasn't until your cousin plopped into the seat next to yours that your bubble of solitude popped.

"Hey, Y/N," she said, her lips curling upward into a devious grin.

You gave a tight-lipped smile.

"Adriana."

She toyed with one of the bangles on her wrist and crossed her legs. You knew what was coming before her eyes landed back on yours.

"My mom tells me you're still unlucky in love."

God, you wanted to smack the smug look right off her face. But you didn't. Instead, you fisted your hands in your lap and hummed.

"Has she now?"

Adriana sighed, "Yeah, we're all worried about you, hon. I mean, I know not everyone can get as lucky as Carlo and me, but still."

You knew all too well how "lucky" your cousin and her longtime boyfriend were. They had a chance meeting in the library in the 10th grade, and the rest was history. Now, you had to watch her and Carlo walk around Hawkins High like they were a teenage version of Tommy Lee and Heather Locklear.

Adriana placed a hand on your knee and gave a pout.

"I just feel terrible watching you all by yourself all the time," she said, giving your knee a little squeeze.

Typically, you contained your emotions when faced with adversity. Usually, the constant harassment from your family about still being single didn't get under your skin. You could brush it off. But when Adriana poked her bottom lip out in an overdramatic pout and said, "And with Christmas just around the corner, I can't even imagine how lonely you must feel right now," you snapped.