Eddie Munson ~ Confessions

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader 

Word Count: 4.2k

Warnings: Mild language.  S4 spoilers. 

a/n:  This was requested by @Deaneecameron.  I hope that I did your request justice because I really enjoyed writing this one!!  I kind of took liberty with the storyline to create this one, so hopefully, you all don't mind.  Let's just ignore the word count too, yall because I got a little carried away lol.  Anyway, I mentioned Led Zepplin in this one, a band I haven't mentioned before, but I'm sure everyone knows.  I love love love them.  What's your favorite song by them?  Mine is D'yer Mak'er!  I hope that everyone enjoys this one!  As always, thank you for the support!  My next post will be a Fred one shot, so be ready for that!!

§

The sound of branches breaking and leaves crunching under shoes filled your ears. You never thought you'd be in this situation. Avoiding the cops and chasing after monsters from another dimension with your best friend and longtime crush, Eddie Munson. But there you were, walking through the woods of Hawkins in the dead of night, toward God knows what, with some of your old classmates and a bunch of kids. Why? To help clear Eddie's name and save Max. Navigating through the dark woods, you realized what people finally meant when they said love makes you do stupid things.

You met Eddie when you were kids. You lived in the Forrest Hills Trailer Park, and for the longest time, you were the only child there. But, one warm summer day, Mr. Munson drove up, and when he got out of his vehicle, he wasn't alone. A little boy with a buzz cut hopped out of the backseat with a small suitcase. For weeks, you would sit at the playground across from his house, waiting for him to come out. Just when you were about to lose hope, he exited the front door and approached you as you sat on the see-saw. Without even saying anything, he got on the other end, and the two of you started taking turns sending the other into the air. That was the beginning of your friendship.

It wasn't until around middle school that your platonic feelings started blossoming into something more. Eddie started to grow his hair out, and his uncle gifted him a beautiful maroon BC Rich Warlock NJ. You couldn't count the number of times you just sat in his room watching him slave away, learning song after song. It was during those little moments when your heart began jumping in your chest when Eddie would send you little shy smiles. You tried to control your twisting stomach and the goosebumps that pricked your skin every time he would look at you through hooded eyes, but it was too late. You were in love with him.

For the longest time, people just assumed you two were already dating. You already spent most of your time together and knew everything about one another. There were numerous occasions when Eddie would leave lingering touches on your waist and hands. And you couldn't count the times you spent nights together, laid up under the same blanket in his bed. So, when people would say anything about the two of you dating, Eddie never corrected them. He would just chuckle as a crimson tint blossomed on his cheeks. But he still never explicitly expressed how he felt toward you, so you were left to think he didn't reciprocate anything.

Fast forward, and your feelings had only grown. You hoped Eddie shared the same sentiments, but he never made a move. And the night that everything went to shit, you watched as Chrissy hopped out of his van and waltzed into his trailer. You didn't know that night that your and Eddie's lives were going to be completely dismantled. When it came out that Chrissy was found dead in Eddie's trailer, you were his first and biggest defender. You knew that he would never do what everyone said he had done. And your thoughts were only solidified when Max confided in you that she believed Eddie wasn't guilty either. She took you to Dustin's house, and that is where you learned about the Upside Down.