Fred Benson ~ A Library Date

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Fred Benson x Fem!Reader

Word Count: 1.7k

Warnings: None

a/n: This was requested by @fredbensonswife.  I'm sorry it took me so long to get this one posted.  My baby has decided that sleeping is optional, so I am exhausted and haven't been able to find the time to write.  But, here it is, and I hope that it is what you were looking for!  I have not thanked all of you for following me recently!  I just reached 696 followers, which is just amazing.  I appreciate all of you, and thank you so much for the support and for reading my writing.  My next post will be an Eddie Munson one shot, and hopefully, it won't take me nearly as long to get that one out.  Thank you again for the support, and I hope you all enjoy!

§

You placed your textbooks into your locker. The school day had ended only moments ago, but the halls were already empty. Students that once filled them were rushing off to start their weekends. But not you. You had other plans with your boyfriend, Fred.

You weren't a local of Hawkins. You and your family had moved to the little town at the beginning of Junior year. Being the new kid in a town where everyone knew everyone since they were in diapers, you tried to stay to yourself. It was hard with all the wandering eyes that seemed to follow you wherever you were. But luckily, you were able to find solace somewhere in Hawkins High. The one place where no one stared at you, and that was the library.

You were a bookworm, so finding peace in the dusty old room wasn't hard for you. It was in the library where you first met Fred. One day you were meandering around the back corner looking for a book to take home with you when your eyes landed on one you hadn't read on the very top shelf. When you reached to grab it, your fingertips just grazed it, but you were unable to pull it down. You jumped up and down a few times trying to grab it when suddenly a hand reached above your head, pulling the book down for you. When you turned to see who the mystery person was, you were met with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes you had ever seen. The boy introduced himself as Fred and handed you the book before showing you where the "good stuff" was hidden. Fred showed you around the whole library, and you hung onto his every word. When he was done, he brought you back to the corner where you began. He stood there awkwardly for a moment before asking if you'd like to meet up in that same spot the next day. You had agreed, and that was the beginning of it all.

The two of you met up in that corner of the library every day of Junior year. Sometimes you talked and sometimes you just read in the company of one another. You grew closer and closer until you knew for sure that you were falling in love with the boy. Every day you couldn't wait to see him and hear what he had to say. But as Junior year came to a close, Fred still hadn't led on that he felt the same way toward you. You spent the summer hanging out with him, going to the pool, and sitting in his backyard. It wasn't until just before the start of Senior year that Fred finally asked you to be his girlfriend, which you enthusiastically accepted. It had only been a few months, but you were absolutely enamored with the boy. You knew he felt the same way toward you. You were just waiting for him to actually say it.

As you finished organizing your locker, a pair of hands fell over your eyes. A thin frame pressed up against your back, and you could feel the cool sting of metal against your cheek when they bent down.

"Guess who?" Fred asked, drawing out the last word.

A smile pulled at your lips. You knew who it was, but you still liked to pull on his leg. You furrowed your eyebrows and brought your finger to your chin.