Steve Harrington Imagine - I Love You so Much Most

* I DON'T OWN ANY GIFS POSTED* * CREDIT TO ALL GIF OWNERS*

This was requested from my Tumblr.  Let me know what you all think and enjoy!! Xx.

Warnings: Angst and Mild Language 

Pairing: Steve Harrington x Reader

________________________________________________________________________________

You and Steve met in middle school. Years ago, when you first moved to Hawkins, he was your only friend. He was the cool guy that every girl fawned over, but he had a secret soft side no one knew about. You used to eat lunch at a corner table by yourself. One day, Steve trotted over and plopped down in front of you. Everyone watched in shock as he sat and ate lunch with the loser new girl. You were confused and didn't know if he was playing some sick joke. But, when he gave you a friendly smile, you knew he was genuine. From that day forward, you two were inseparable.

Your friendship grew stronger and stronger throughout the years. In high school, when Nancy broke Steve's heart, you were the only person there for him. He went to your house that night in complete anguish. You held him and told him everything would get better. He stayed over that night and slept soundly next to you. Steve comforted you when Robert Miller, the best wrestler within a 200-mile radius, broke up with you at the Christmas formal. After the dance, he took you to get ice cream and scream into the night. Wrapped tightly in a blanket, the two of you watched the sun rise over the quarry. You and Steve were each other's rock.

Before you knew it, Steve asked you to be his girlfriend. He dressed in his nicest button-down shirt and took you for a picnic. He hung lights on the tree you sat under and had candles on the blanket. Rose petals littered the ground around you. He was so nervous, but, with sweaty hands, he finally asked. You, not skipping a beat, said, "Yes." After making things official, your relationship only grew stronger. You were the couple everyone wished they could be. The two of you were goofy but cute. You had inside jokes that would make you laugh until your sides hurt, and Steve kept the romance alive by constantly surprising you with flowers and handmade gifts. The two of you were head-over-heels in love with each other.

You had been dating for a little over a year when Steve began to get distant. It started when things at the Hawkins Lab began to happen, and the Byer's kid got sick. He stopped calling your house on weekends and started to cut your dates short. He would run off immediately after dropping you off and even stopped sneaking into your room late at night. When you were with him, he seemed like he wasn't present. He was always hidden away in his own little world, and the door was locked. You tried to enter, but he never let you. You tried not to worry or think irrationally, but you couldn't help it. Your anxiety reached an all-time high when you saw him sneaking out of the Wheeler's house one night.

Your house was exactly three houses to the left and across the street from the Wheeler's. It was after midnight, and you couldn't bring yourself to sleep. Instead, you opted to sit in your window and waiting for the sun to rise or Steve to show. Propped up in your window, you saw him. At first, you thought your eyes had deceived you. It was late, it could've just been a friend of Mike's. It wasn't until he walked under the street lamp that you realized it was Steve. His fluffy hair bounced as he jogged toward his car. Your chest tightened as your mind thought the worst.

"It's been a whole year and four months since Steve and Nancy broke up. And Nancy is with Jonathan now! Steve wouldn't do something like that to hurt me, would he?"

Weeks passed by, and you noticed Steve spending more and more time at the Wheeler's residence. You began to lose sleep, forcing yourself to stay up and watch for him. Every night for two weeks, Steve was consistent. 12:30 AM would come, and so would Steve. He spent three hours inside before jogging back to his car and driving home. At the start of the third week, you had enough. You knew you shouldn't have done what you did, but you did it anyway. It was Saturday morning, and, to your surprise, Steve's car came to a stop in the Wheeler's driveway. You weren't used to him being there on the weekends. From your window, you saw him and some kid with curly hair walk out of the house. They held large silver buckets and wore yellow dishwashing gloves.