Billy Hargrove Imagine- Brooklyn Baby

This was a request from my Tumblr based on the song "Brooklyn Baby" by Lana Del Rey.  Hope you all enjoy it!  I also apologize that I couldn't find a better gif lol.  Anyway, enjoy the imagine!

Pairing: Billy Hargrove x Reader

Warnings: Mild language (Like literally two words)

Listen to "Brooklyn Baby" by Lana Del Rey

You walked down the sidewalk leading to the only record shop in Hawkins. The sound of your heeled boots hitting the ground created a sweet song. As the wind blew the feathers hanging loosely in your hair around, a smile curved the ends of your lips upwards. Approaching the shop, you felt a comfortable sense of relaxation wash over you. When you pushed the door open, a familiar musky odor cascaded over your face. You sent a wave to the cashier before showing yourself to the jazz section. Your fingers traced over the cardboard covers of the records before stopping to browse.

The cooing guitar of a Lou Reed song whispered from one of the many record players. You swayed back and forth to the beat before you realized people were staring. It wasn't anything new. People constantly judged you on how your hair looked and the kind of clothes you chose to wear. You turned your back to them and continued to explore the jazz section when you heard a soft scoff. Looking up from the bin you were currently rummaging through you laid eyes on a very handsome boy. He looked rough and rugged, but his soft blue eyes said differently. "What the hell is this shit their playing?" He said more to himself, but loud enough for you to hear. "It's Lou Reed." You said gently placing the jazz record in your hand back into the bin. The boy's eyes shot up to meet yours, unaware that you had been standing so near. His mouth slightly fell ajar as he looked at you. Your floral crop top exposed a small part of your torso before your high waist bell bottoms covered the rest. His eyes raked over your entire body before finally making their way back to meet yours. "He's actually a really great artist. You should check him out." You said ignoring the fact that he was blatantly checking you out. He cleared his throat regaining his composure. "Yeah? Well he must not be that great since I've never heard of him." He said arrogantly. You bent forward slightly to see the music he was looking through. Your eyebrows raised as you looked back to him, "I'm guessing your musical knowledge doesn't go very far past bands such as The Scorpions and Twisted Sister." The boy crossed his arms at your comment and smirked, "Maybe you should enlighten me then." You rolled your eyes at his lame attempt at picking you up. "Um, no. I have a boyfriend." You said trying to ward him off. A low chuckle shook his chest, "Do you now?" Returning to your records you nodded. "Yeah," you said somewhat confidently, "he plays guitar in a band back home." Although you knew you were lying, you hoped this boy wouldn't catch on. The boy leant onto the bin in front of him trying to catch your gaze again. "And where is back home baby?" He asked with a grin. Your heart gave a jolt in your chest making your face heat up. "Home is Brooklyn, baby." You responded saying the last word in a mocking manner. The boy let out an airy laugh with a nod, "Alright. What's your name?" A small smile was playing on your lips as you looked up to meet his eyes. "Y/N. And yours?" He licked his bottom lip before pulling it under his teeth and giving it a bite, "Billy. You busy right now?" You furrowed your eyebrows at his question, "No I'm not, why?" He smiled, "You wanna get out of here?" Although you had just met him, you agreed and followed him out to his car.

His blue Camaro gave a low growl before roaring loudly as Billy took off. You rolled the window down and let the wind hit your face. Billy looked over and watched as you put your hand out the window. Your eyes shut letting the cool breeze and serenity blanket you. You stayed that way for a minute before peeling your eyes open and turning to Billy. "What?" You asked softly. He shook his head unable to conjure up a sentence. You gave him a loose smile, "You're very tense Billy. Very," you stopped for a moment to think of a word, "rigid. You need to relax a little." At that, you maneuvered your upper body out of the window and leaned back. Your eyes closed once again as the wind whipped your hair around your face. The sweet smell of soil and wild flowers overpowered your nose. After what felt like forever, you pulled yourself back into the seat. Billy stared at you in awe, "You think you're so cool, don't you?" You gave him a shrug and in the same arrogant tone he had before said, "Maybe."

The rest of the drive was silent until Billy pulled into a field just outside of Hawkins. You looked out at the rainbow field of flowers before getting out. "Come on!" You shouted back to Billy. He got out with a confused expression playing on his face, "What are you doing?" You ran out into the field and spun around with your arms spread out wide. A careless laugh rolled off your lips, "I'm going to enlighten you Billy!" You heard the sound of his door close before you spun right into his chest. His arms wrapped around you catching you before you could fall. Your breathing was heavy as you gazed up into his mesmerizing blue eyes. His eyes crept down to your lips for a quick second before breaking the silence. "So how are you gonna enlighten me?" You unwillingly removed yourself from his grip and took his hands in yours. A relaxed sigh fell from your lips as you listened to your surroundings. The dry leaves hanging from the trees rustled together and the wind howled in the distance echoing around you. Slowly you began to sway back and forth before twirling around. You looked up to Billy and smiled, "I already told you, you have to relax Billy. Stop being so tense and rigid. Life is only temporary, a wink of the eye and winking stars. Just like Jack Kerouac said." You could see the confusion settling onto his face again and chuckled, "He's a Beat poet. Look him up." When his expression didn't change you rolled your eyes and tugged on his arms. "Dance with me." You said before beginning to twirl again. Billy stood back and watched as you carelessly spun in the wind laughing. A smile fell onto his lips before he shouted, "You're insane!" Without missing a beat, you shouted to the sky, "I'm a Brooklyn baby!" Billy chuckled as he watched you and began to feel himself slowly fall for you.