Fred Benson ~ The Set Up

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Fred Benson x Fem!Reader 

Word Count: 2.9k

Warnings: None

a/n: This was requested by @Savannah620.  I hope this is what you wanted!!  This is just straight fluff, and I hope everyone enjoys reading it.  I don't usually find it difficult to write for characters, but it is so hard for me to write for Fred lol.  I really hope that I am doing his character justice!!  Also, I have recently learned the difference between imagines and one shots, and let me tell you, I feel like an idiot haha.  You all will have to forgive me because I am literally an old lady.  Anyway, my next post will be an Eddie Munson ONE SHOT (lol), so be ready for that one!!  As always, thanks for reading!!

    §

Nancy's voice was far away as a long sigh fell from your lips, and you propped your head in your hand. You knew you should have been paying attention to what she was saying, but you couldn't. Instead, you watched as Fred worked on making copies at the printer. This was your daily routine ever since Nancy convinced you to join The Weekly Notice. Every morning you walked into the room, found a seat, and went to fawning over the tall skinny boy. It was hard not to stare at Fred when you had a crush on him for ages. You couldn't pinpoint the exact moment you started to fall for him, but your feelings only grew when you joined the news crew. But you were never one to act on your feelings. You were far too shy. So, instead, you watched him from afar and relished in all the short conversations you had with him. Nancy knew this and would constantly pester you. She would say time and again that Fred liked you as well, and you should just tell him how you feel, but you just brushed her off. Sure, you may have caught him staring at you here and there. And when he talked to you, he would start blushing out of nowhere, but you still didn't believe Nancy. You were too scared.

You let out another sigh, and that's when Nancy started waving her hand in front of your face snapping you back to reality.

"Y/N?" She said, moving her head into your line of sight, "You there?"

"Huh? Oh," you said, sitting up in your seat and straightening your items on the table, "y-yeah. Sorry, I just...zoned out."

Nancy's eyes narrowed before she turned her head and looked where you were just staring. When she turned back to you, her lips pursed, and she tilted her head to the side. You had been caught. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows at you, causing you to drop your head into your hands and groan. You could hear her let out a breath before you felt her hands on your arms.

"Why don't you just talk to him? I've told you on numerous occasions that he likes you too."

You snapped your head up to look at her, forehead creased.

"How do you know that, though? Did he tell you that?" You asked, the questions coming off a bit harsher than intended.

Nancy wasn't fazed by your outburst. She just rolled her eyes and said, "He doesn't have to tell me, Y/N. It's pretty obvious by the way he looks at you."

She used her head to motion behind her, and when you looked, you were met with Fred's beautiful blue eyes. You could feel your face heat up, but you didn't look away, and neither did he. For a minute, it felt like the whole world was slipping away as you let his cerulean eyes wash over you. He held your stare for a beat longer before quickly turning away and returning to the copier. When you looked back at Nancy, she was trying and failing to stifle her smile. You propped your head back in your hand and turned your attention to the notepad sitting in front of you.